Eugene Smiley And The Essence Of Love - Yes It's You

Jaco

Guest Awake 502

Covered up as the Fiestas I think.....thought it was Poke myself...

Russ

That is how I remember it, don't you now have Poke's old copy ?  :)

Social source share

Covered up as the Fiestas I think.....thought it was Poke myself...

Russ

well Poke was a regular at snaith so no probs with that :D , always look back to that era with a smile remembering how fast great records were coming at us, not a problem we'll ever have again for sure :(  :(

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Awake 502

well Poke was a regular at snaith so no probs with that :D , always look back to that era with a smile remembering how fast great records were coming at us, not a problem we'll ever have again for sure :(  :(

Snaith and Todmorden, we were blessed with great sundays back then... So many good records first spun there which went on to be massive at Wigan etc...

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Pat also said that he played it just before you Darran.

£5 record back then, hard to find but no real demand...

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

That is how I remember it, don't you now have Poke's old copy ?  :)

I do have a copy, but for the life of me I cant remember where I got it, mine is the release that credits Eugene Smiley & the Essence of Love, demo I think, the issues only credited the Essence of Love....or is it vice versa, in Baghdad so cant check, I think it was Cliff who reactivated this a couple of years ago, still lots of plays left in this, quality all the way....

Russ

Social source share

Strange that it came out twice as well, and neither variation is easy to find.

*See post  24...?, do I have this wrong ?....thought the white ones which credit ES&EL were demos & the blue ones which credit just the EL were issues....could have this all mixed up though, cant check properly right now, so your saying there are two release numbers Steve ?

Best Russ

Russ

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

I do have a copy, but for the life of me I cant remember where I got it, mine is the release that credits Eugene Smiley & the Essence of Love, demo I think, the issues only credited the Essence of Love....or is it vice versa, in Baghdad so cant check, I think it was Cliff who reactivated this a couple of years ago, still lots of plays left in this, quality all the way....

Russ

Hi Russ, I think I sold you my old copy.......

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!