To Much Going On

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Went to Skegness All-Dayer yesterday (20th May)...had 4 to choose from the East Anglia/Lincs area (we're smack in the middle in King's Lynn)...Norwich, Cambridge, Kettering.....Skeggy was quite full, due to a forthcoming night here (15th July) the Lynn crowd split up to do some 'flying', some went to Norwich, we opted for Skeggy so we could dish some flyers out there :ohmy:

Social source share

Pick the one you want to go to mate and have a ball! :ohmy:

Regarding the four in total you have to choose from, I guess it would depend on their proximity. But on the whole I think a wider choice is a good thing.

I think it's a bad thing. Too many venues not well attended and music policy on the whole IMO is going backwards giving you little choice but oldies. Not many venues making me want to travel these days.

Social source share

I think it's a bad thing. Too many venues not well attended and music policy on the whole IMO is going backwards giving you little choice but oldies. Not many venues making me want to travel these days.

Understand your point and it is valid. But most of the time, people who take the time and trouble to put on a do, do so mostly out of love for the music and the scene. To dissuade them from doing so under the logical standpoint of diluting the scene, would be heresy in some respects. So where does that leave us?

Social source share

Understand your point and it is valid. But most of the time, people who take the time and trouble to put on a do, do so mostly out of love for the music and the scene. To dissuade them from doing so under the logical standpoint of diluting the scene, would be heresy in some respects. So where does that leave us?

you believe what you want Ian but there's many who may love the music etc that purely promote events for profit and self interest. Others that deliberately clash and attempt to sabotage "rival" venues. Many venues with little thought or considereation for others behind them and in my opinion it's ruining this scene.

How can four all-nighters be good and healthy for the scene when you have say a hardcore nighter crowd of 400 soulies?

Edited by chalky
Social source share

you believe what you want Ian but there's many who may love the music etc that purely promote events for profit and self interest. Others that deliberately clash and attempt to sabotage "rival" venues. Many venues with little thought or considereation for others behind them and in my opinion it's ruining this scene.

How can four all-nighters be good and healthy for the scene when you have say a hardcore nighter crowd of 400 soulies?

Furry muff :ohmy: I know that goes on. Sad but true...

Social source share

Heard a similar thing about rival promoters telling punters that a "Rival" venue had been cancelled in the town nearby only this weekend, ought to be ashamed of themselves or more ashamed of getting caught at it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest ZTSC

Aye but you got a nice new chick Chalky :ohmy:

ps - Been to get new arse tody coz some Yorkshire couple (with accomplise from Luton) set my old one one fire at The Wilton on Friday ( the old one had a hole in it anyway ! )

Kev

Social source share

==========

Thing is Chalky if you cut down the number of venues you get less choice. Sure you've said in the past, if you don't like the DJ line up somewhere don't go, vote with your feet. If you slash the numbers of venues, punters wouldn't be able to 'vote with their feet'?

Winni:-)

Social source share

Heard a similar thing about rival promoters telling punters that a "Rival" venue had been cancelled in the town nearby only this weekend, ought to be ashamed of themselves or more ashamed of getting caught at it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Too right Rob, knocked our numbers right down.

Lot of our regulars had calls/texts saying we had cancelled.

Not 100% certain who was behind it but when i find out i ain't gonna be a happy bunny.

B*st*rds :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!