Moments - Baby I Want You - Wax Poetics

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm pretty sure they didn't have access to tape and had to master off a recording of a 45.

Original master tapes of both sides of Moments on Hog plus a previously unreleased track* were advertised on Ebay some time ago (2 years maybe?). Don't know if they sold in the end.

* Might have been the flipside of the Wax Poetics reissue but am not sure.

Edited by Benji
Social source share

Original master tapes of both sides of Moments on Hog plus a previously unreleased track* were advertised on Ebay some time ago (2 years maybe?). Don't know if they sold in the end.

* Might have been the flipside of the Wax Poetics reissue but am not sure.

that was definitely at least a couple of years after the waxpo reissue. the reissue just has both sides of the hog single and a writeup that corrects the previously incorrect published article where they said there was no connection to the stang group.

Social source share

I see Bleeker Bob's record shop in Greenwich village where I first found the unnamed acetate that was christened the Fabulous Impacts came from has closed.

Oh no! A true legend and long time friend-Bob Plotnick. Very few got on with him, but what a character. I was with him and Mick Jagger in '81 talking about Northern and how much Bob hated limeys.....brilliant!

My first purchase off him was 100 copies of the Dealers-You Got It(Big Bunny) back in '75.

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

I see, thanks. Didn't know the reissue is that old. Thought it's a recent one.

the waxpo article was just a mizell interview and they were like "do you know the moments on hog is worth a zillion dollars" and they were like "really? we have tons of those in our basement!" of course they never surfaced but it's what led to the reissue.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!