Similar Songs To Custis Mayfield - Move On Up?

Hi,

Can anyone here recommend me any similar songs to Move On Up? It's one of my all time favourites, but I'm more into disco and modern soul so I haven't really been diggin into this sound that much.

It NEVER fails when played out and is a super nice changeup in my disco / modern sets. The most similar tune of all the records I play out must probably be Little Beaver - Listen to My Heartbeat. Works great after Move On Up!

Would love to have more tunes like this to get some better variation in my sets.

Any tips are appreciated!

H.

Edited by 1978
Social source share

Guest Adrian

A couple of my favorite Impressions tracks, sorta along that line

Love Me

It Goes On & On

Both have Leroy Hutson on lead, from the 1st Impressions LP after Curtis left, Times Have Changed - whole Lp is a winner

Edited by Adrian
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Bits n Pieces Keep on Running Away - This needs blasting from your amp with serious intent!

Peter

:thumbsup:

heard it out  at Nuneatonnighter ,puts me in mind of Cleethorpes pier and a vibrating boardwalk,boom,boom,booom, at four in the morning.,nice record.

Social source share

heard it out  at Nuneatonnighter ,puts me in mind of Cleethorpes pier and a vibrating boardwalk,boom,boom,booom, at four in the morning.,nice record.

Hi Manus

Hope you're well buddy. Yep, definitely a Cleethorpes sound. Just waiting now for the incoming. :shades:

Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Hi Manus

Hope you're well buddy. Yep, definitely a Cleethorpes sound. Just waiting now for the incoming. :shades:

After getting home on Sunday after the all nighter me and my mate were talking about hearing that record played so decided to have a cleethorpes type session playing recordings stuff from you tube etc,central city,ronas theme,summer in the parks,world colomn,i love music etc.good memories.

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

little bit more on the disco tip and I'm sure you already know it, but O'Jays - I Love Music has a similar vibe for me.. good cheap one too!

some other suggestions for that feel-good vibe: 

Edwin Starr - Runnin' Back And Forth

Ujima - I'm Not Ready

Reachers - I just Wanna Do My Own Thing

Flame N' King - Ho Happy Day

Wes Black - I Feel Good (Feelin' Good)

The Crow - Your Autumn Of Tomorrow

Continental Showstoppers - We're Not Too Young

Edited by AndreasB
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now