Cody Marshall "yours Until Tomorrow" Wizdom Records

Mattfox

Hi, any info on:

Cody Marshall "Yours until tomorrow" Wizdom Records ??

Can't find anything about this record on Google...it's a beat ballad styled recording...what is the current value? Just read that another record by Cody Marshall entitled "The Thought of Loving You" was played by Richard Searling in 1979, covered up as 'Pierre Hunt'.

thx for your help!

atb m.

Social source share

RE: Cody Marshall "Yours until tomorrow" Wizdom Records

I guess this Wizdom label is the one owned / run by Jimmy Wisner. Quite a few releases on the label (in fact Cody Marshall himself had another 45 out on Wizdom).

I'd also guess that "Yours until tomorrow" is the Goffin / King song recorded by numerous artists (Dee Dee Warwick, Vivian Reed, Bettye Swann, Irma Thomas, etc.).

Irma Thomas's version ............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0KUNjBcfY

Edited by Roburt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Cody Marshall is a white guy. His real name is Joe McGovern (he wrote a couple of things with Jimmy 'Wiz' Wisner).

He was a pro Basketball player in the 60's (Penn State) before turning to music.

He had a very active career as a writer and performer, with his group 'Circle of Friends' and appeared often in New York, Pennsylvania The Flamingo - Las Vegas and Florida throughout the 70's.

I've got his other release on the label 'Peaceful / Monday's Gone'.

Well remember Richard covering up his 'Sound Judgment' 45 - a version of 'The Thought Of Loving You' as 'Pierre Hunt'.

At the same time (late 70's) I used to play the Crystal Mansion version of the song (feat Johnny Caswell) which I thought was 'better' (but in truth, neither are brilliant :wink:).

'Yours Until Tomorrow' was recorded in 1972 on the flip of 'Needle In A Haystack' which McGovern composed.

Don't know how rare this 45 in question is, but I guess its quite scarce. it won't have sold many although it was promoted in Billboard at the time of release (Nov '72).

Give yer a tenner for it.

:thumbsup:

Sean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!