jocko

News: Muscle Shoals Film - 27 April 2013

Guest Nick Harrison

Has been tagged and collard  - not an oversight. 

I think the purpose of the film appearing at the Sundance London Film Festival is an attempt to get proper distribution for the film.

In the film world festivals have a special legal status, where the rights paid for music clearances etc is often less than if they go on general distribution. So hopefully Sundance London will lead to it being on all over the country at a later stage.

Hopefully you wont miss my George Jones tribute !!

I was out with Andy Hackett last night and he mentioned George Jones had sadly passed away. BTW Andy mentioned he may come along tonight after the Dexy's gig. see you later.

Was really impressed with the film, which is one of the best music documentaries I have ever seen. Really gets to the heart of Rick Hall's character.

The good news is that the film is getting UK cinema distribution, and should be showing in good independents this autumn.

Dean

To add to the above, it was actually Soul Source that flagged up the film for me back in January. If you've got time, I wrote a blog about the film after I saw it on Friday. It was a total education for me really and, like Dean, I thought it was one of the best music docs that I've seen. You can read the blog at www.lawrence556.wordpress.com. Be gentle, as I don't usually write up reviews etc.

Good film this, but not quite as good as I'd hoped it would be. Lagged a bit in places and a bit too much of the Stones for my liking.

Not as good as Standing In The Shadows, but worth a watch. :thumbsup:  

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.