News: Muscle Shoals Film - 27 April 2013

jocko

I think the purpose of the film appearing at the Sundance London Film Festival is an attempt to get proper distribution for the film.

In the film world festivals have a special legal status, where the rights paid for music clearances etc is often less than if they go on general distribution. So hopefully Sundance London will lead to it being on all over the country at a later stage.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Has been tagged and collard  - not an oversight. 

Mmm, some collard greens would go down good with this movie !

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Ha ha Rob :)  - we will be coming along to 99p soul after watching the film so will see you tomorrow night.

All the best

Mike

Hopefully you wont miss my George Jones tribute !!

Social source share

Was really impressed with the film, which is one of the best music documentaries I have ever seen. Really gets to the heart of Rick Hall's character.

The good news is that the film is getting UK cinema distribution, and should be showing in good independents this autumn.

Dean

Social source share

Guest Pompeylor

To add to the above, it was actually Soul Source that flagged up the film for me back in January. If you've got time, I wrote a blog about the film after I saw it on Friday. It was a total education for me really and, like Dean, I thought it was one of the best music docs that I've seen. You can read the blog at www.lawrence556.wordpress.com. Be gentle, as I don't usually write up reviews etc.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!