Climb Every Mountain

Lost this thread last week.

I did the National 3 Peaks last week in 22 hours 55 minutes, raising around £2000 for the local hospice. (We actually found the piano featured in the Times and on the news on Ben Nevis on Friday night, but the guys clearing the cairns got the credit).

I asked in my original thread which 3 songs I should play on the top of each summit, Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon, but as stated, the post was lost when the site went down.

So now we have done it, (and if anyone fancies having a do, its the second time I've done it and its the hardest thing I've EVER done) what should I have played on the summits, and no Robert Knight allowed.

Thanks,

Brian B

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest 50box

I did the National 3 Peaks last week in 22 hours 55 minutes, raising around £2000 for the local hospice. (We actually found the piano featured in the Times and on the news on Ben Nevis on Friday night, but the guys clearing the cairns got the credit).

I asked in my original thread which 3 songs I should play on the top of each summit, Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon, but as stated, the post was lost when the site went down.

So now we have done it, (and if anyone fancies having a do, its the second time I've done it and its the hardest thing I've EVER done) what should I have played on the summits, and no Robert Knight allowed.

Thanks,

Brian B

Bit obvious but, Trips - There`s That Mountain, Dick & Dee Dee - This Mountains High, &, er, er, Robe,,,,,no,,how about Moira Anderson ? :D

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Thanks,

Brian B

"Climb Every Mountain" - The Victorians (Liberty)

"Rolling Down A Mountainside" - Isaac Hayes (Enterprise) or the Main Ingredient (RCA)

"I Want To Take You Higher" - Sly And the Family Stone (Epic)

"Work My Way Up Steady" - Fats Domino (Broadmoor)

"Peak Of Love" - Bobby McClure (Checker).....

...ah fcukit, I've just got back from Lightwater and I need to get my swede doen...

TONE :D

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

I did the National 3 Peaks last week in 22 hours 55 minutes, raising around £2000 for the local hospice.

Thanks,

Brian B

Well done BrianB :yes: . I can't even get to the chippy round the corner without getting breathless. How about Walter Jackson "Uphill climb...."?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Congrats. It sounds a great achievement.

Two songs spring to mind

TC and the Bricklayers - up and down the hill

And

Patsy Kline - Crazy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!