Stamp Or Scratched In

I'm sure I knew this but after just being asked the question I couldn't remember for the life of me..

Boots, but more specifically counterfeits, cause serious arse pain for the collector when done with an intimate knowledge of the original details..

Among many aspects - vinyl/styrene, pressing quality material/sound, labels colour/paper/font and even the the spacing of run in and run out - after the more obvious it mostly falls on the identification of dead-wax details (placement, size, style, spacing etc etc)

But can somebody please tell me which is the more difficult to counterfeit/replicate - either the 'stamped' details or those we term 'scratched in' -  and further whether this is usually the best method of counterfeit id..

Thanks in advance....

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It must be much harder to forge a machine stamp, than to scratch in the numbers with a dart or something sharp. 

Even number stamps are very hard to space out evenly and in line.

Company stamps like Bell Sound would be the hardest.

Social source share

It must be much harder to forge a machine stamp, than to scratch in the numbers with a dart or something sharp. 

Even number stamps are very hard to space out evenly and in line.

Company stamps like Bell Sound would be the hardest.

I bought a Billy Butler - Right track , thinking it was original (as it looked the part ) I then read somewhere that there was a good repro of this but the Stamped numbers were spaced too far apart and Yes , that was my copy Doh! since got another one and they are much closer together than the boot.

If you're trying to con people why make the spacing bigger ?? don't make sense to me

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!