George Mcgregor & The Bronzettes / The Mcgregor Brothers

Hello, I would be grateful for any information regarding availability/price on this release please:

George McGregor & The Bronzettes - Temptation Is Hard To Fight - Twilight 102

I know its been released on a 45 Twinight look-a-like but it's the original Twilight issue (1967?) I'm interested in as pictured below:

Thanks in advance.

post-17206-0-42269500-1367235166_thumb.j

Social source share

I think that's a fair price Boba - seems quite a tough find - particularly like the flip 'Every Time I Wake Up' (credited to the McGregor Brothers)..

it is pretty hard but not amongst the hardest twinight titles to find (which doesn't say much since there are some impossible titles). I've had it 4 times (found in chicago). haven't seen one recently.

EDIT: recently in real life, I think one was on ebay

Edited by boba
Social source share

I think that's a fair price Boba - seems quite a tough find - particularly like the flip 'Every Time I Wake Up' (credited to the McGregor Brothers)..

this has been discussed here before, but the a-side got synced in an episode of man men (don't ask me which one, never seen the show). apparently they try to be chronologically accurate with their songs but this apparently wasn't.

Social source share

this has been discussed here before, but the a-side got synced in an episode of man men (don't ask me which one, never seen the show). apparently they try to be chronologically accurate with their songs but this apparently wasn't.

yes it was on " Madmen" in a bar scene with "don draper" + "roger sterling" (i think)....i remember thinking i know this track and then when i realised i was amazed that it featured in the show!!!...such an obscure track... maybe it had been on a cd in the USA????...i sold an ex+ to m- copy for £200 a year or two back on here when answering a "wants"

Social source share

yes it was on " Madmen" in a bar scene with "don draper" + "roger sterling" (i think)....i remember thinking i know this track and then when i realised i was amazed that it featured in the show!!!...such an obscure track... maybe it had been on a cd in the USA????...i sold an ex+ to m- copy for £200 a year or two back on here when answering a "wants"

it was on the numero twinight CD, they licensed the song to madman. I would say 200 pounds is fair when answering a want.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!