Value? Kiki Dee - Magic Carpet Ride

Hi Folks,

While it's not everyones taste, what is the general opinion on the value of Kiki Dee - On a Magic Carpet Ride - Fontana, near mint as can be?

Is there much demand?

Last copy I saw on eBay was from a link in the eBay sales on this site - was quite surprised!!!!!!

Also, are any of her other 60's Fontana 45s valuable/collectable/desirable

Any info welcome.

Cheers

Kev Bod

Edited by bo diddley
Social source share

300GBP

Way too much, £200 is too much, £150 is sensible, £175 more likely - anyone paying more than £200 is mental basically.

I base this on selling 4 copies in the last 3 years.

She had some great 45's out on Fontana, they're all available on a cd (probably called The Fontana years)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks for the replys. I was a bit confused as there's been a few on popsike in the £250 - £300 region and one in March 2013 for £360. Also saw a "Want" on here offering £250 with a reply asking £275 with Joe Dunlop popping up saying he would BUY at £275!!

I've picked this up with a few others of her's including an Acetate of "I" dated 19.5.67 with an Oxford Street W 1 address. While I don't normaly sell anything (even if I have it a couple of times!!) a couple of bits have come up for sale which are expensive and I fancy havng a go at!

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Way too much, £200 is too much, £150 is sensible, £175 more likely - anyone paying more than £200 is mental basically.

She had some great 45's out on Fontana, they're all available on a cd (probably called The Fontana years)

anyone buying it is mental lol

Social source share

Thanks for the replys. I was a bit confused as there's been a few on popsike in the £250 - £300 region and one in March 2013 for £360. Also saw a "Want" on here offering £250 with a reply asking £275 with Joe Dunlop popping up saying he would BUY at £275!!

I've picked this up with a few others of her's including an Acetate of "I" dated 19.5.67 with an Oxford Street W 1 address. While I don't normaly sell anything (even if I have it a couple of times!!) a couple of bits have come up for sale which are expensive and I fancy havng a go at!

Means about as much as prices paid in weekly auctions.

You're no dummy Kev, you know what things are worth, and no way on earth is that record worth £300.

And if Joe's willing to pay £275 it's pretty obvious he's got a desperate customer offering £100 on top of that.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

I've a few of hers...big full productions.Not really dancers though...more listening.I is great...got the acetate myself.I Dig you baby is good.She does an okay version of I'm Gonna Run Away From You...Small Town isn't bad and she performs this in the film Dateline Diamonds...all of these should be on YouTube.I'm more into her auburn hair and dungaree phase.

Social source share

Means about as much as prices paid in weekly auctions.

You're no dummy Kev, you know what things are worth, and no way on earth is that record worth £300.

And if Joe's willing to pay £275 it's pretty obvious he's got a desperate customer offering £100 on top of that.

I know Pete, think I live in the same world as you re prices. Thats why I asked 'cause I was surprised at recent values. The prices seem to be "all over the place like a a mad womans draws" on this one :lol: . (no offence intended to any ladies who may or may not be suffering from bouts of temporary insanity resulting in random episodes of misplaced underwear). :thumbsup:

I'll have a think about it and may put it up for offers

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I know Pete, think I live in the same world as you re prices. Thats why I asked 'cause I was surprised at recent values. The prices seem to be "all over the place like a a mad womans draws" on this one :lol: . (no offence intended to any ladies who may or may not be suffering from bouts of temporary insanity resulting in random episodes of misplaced underwear). :thumbsup:

I'll have a think about it and may put it up for offers

Is the acetate of Magic Carpet Ride?

Social source share

No Pete, It's a single sided one of the song "I". The scan is in post #12. I also got the standard 45 of "I" in the same pack.

(p.s. - is your new picture the Pied Piper? "come with me, come and see, all the wonders...)

Is the acetate of Magic Carpet Ride?

Edited by bo diddley
Social source share

Guest giant

Pete is spot on with the value £175.00

Social source share

No Pete, It's a single sided one of the song "I". The scan is in post #12. I also got the standard 45 of "I" in the same pack.

(p.s. - is your new picture the Pied Piper? "come with me, come and see, all the wonders...)

Mate it came to me in a dream, that parrot that said "Pi-per" and I can't have thought of this show for 30 years at least...I'll change it I think, he's a bit creepy.  Good memories of school holidays in the 60's though..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes Pete, a bit creepy. You should lay off the cheese before bedtime!!

("come with me, come and see all the wonders there will be in my stories in my songs......tum tum tum"  - sweet dreams)

Mate it came to me in a dream, that parrot that said "Pi-per" and I can't have thought of this show for 30 years at least...I'll change it I think, he's a bit creepy.  Good memories of school holidays in the 60's though..

Social source share

Even more creepy, I thought it was Susan Boyle.  :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!