Revilot 203 D.banks Somebody Any Infos On Publishing Credits

Rom1

Hi all,

I have 2 copies of this record and after checking the gradings (just before selling one), I recently noticed they had 2 different publishing credits...one with T.M PARMALIER BMI and one with JOBETE PUB. BMI

Parmalier has Columbia matrix (ztsc) hand scratched in deadwax, and Jobete has stamped matrix in the deadwax (both are styrene pressings)

Any infos on this? which one came first? the rarer one?...

Thanks for help

Romain

post-11665-0-16225500-1367253591_thumb.j  post-11665-0-42424800-1367253610_thumb.j

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Actually, never spotted that one myself.

Given that the grey issues - local first Detroit issues - and the white DJ copies have the T.M. Parmalier then I guess that was the first one.

Unless someone has a grey or white DJ copy with T.M. Parmalier on it?

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

I've got the one on the left, with stamped in matrix ZTSC121514-1E. Never seen other one before.

Edited by Gogs
Social source share

T.M. Parmalier is a misprint (deliberate or not), and the first issue.  Jobete Music was certainly the proper reference, and was likely caught by Motown people, who 'forced" Lebaron Taylor and Don Davis to change it on subsequent press runs.  I bought it new, and it first had "T.M. Parmalier."  Later, they had "Jobete".  I can't imagine why it didn't read Jobete from the start.  The song was written by Frank Wilson and Marc Gordon in Los Angeles' Jobete Music Office in 1964, while they were working for Motown.  I seem to remember that at least one Motown artist recorded that song.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

T.M. Parmalier is a misprint (deliberate or not), and the first issue.  Jobete Music was certainly the proper reference, and was likely caught by Motown people, who 'forced" Lebaron Taylor and Don Davis to change it on subsequent press runs.  I bought it new, and it first had "T.M. Parmalier."  Later, they had "Jobete".  I can't imagine why it didn't read Jobete from the start.  The song was written by Frank Wilson and Marc Gordon in Los Angeles' Jobete Music Office in 1964, while they were working for Motown.  I seem to remember that at least one Motown artist recorded that song.

Spot on. Berry Gordy was very avant garde in respect of plagiarism - he took Curtis Mayfield on over "Can't satisfy" and Fat Fish over "Baby reconsider."

Social source share

Hi all,

I have 2 copies of this record and after checking the gradings (just before selling one), I recently noticed they had 2 different publishing credits...one with T.M PARMALIER BMI and one with JOBETE PUB. BMI

Parmalier has Columbia matrix (ztsc) hand scratched in deadwax, and Jobete has stamped matrix in the deadwax (both are styrene pressings)

Any infos on this? which one came first? the rarer one?...

Thanks for help

Romain

attachicon.gifDarrell Banks 1.jpg  attachicon.gifDarrell Banks 2.jpg

Apologies for rough copy but here Billboard October 1966 announcing release of "Someone somewhere" credited to  T.M PARMALIER

post-4408-0-50885200-1367313446_thumb.jp

Also interesting, looks like Bobby Hebb when 1st issued "Love, love, love" was the A side.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!