Is This An Original

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Got this in a soul pack in the early 70's but already had a red bootleg.

Were there any white boots

Look ok,swap you for me issue? ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Got the same soul pack! Allways thought it was a boot!!!!

are we saying here its right !!!! I know Ideals mighty lover /Boogaloo,was in the same pack but wasnt shure about this one!!!!

Social source share

Got the same soul pack! Allways thought it was a boot!!!!

are we saying here its right !!!! I know Ideals mighty lover /Boogaloo,was in the same pack but wasnt shure about this one!!!!

Red one have Frank/wayne stamps on em` dont they?,if so should have the same i guess?

Edited by ken
Social source share

original has ARP stamped in deadwax other than that its a counterfeit... note, counterfeit as opposed to boot?

this Applys to white demos only! i think?

Edited by Mr M
Social source share

Guest martyn

I remember seeing these about in numbers back in the day.My mate got one in a soul pack also.Not a bad tune but whats the big deal?
Social source share

I remember seeing these about in numbers back in the day.My mate got one in a soul pack also.Not a bad tune but whats the big deal?

None Really ranting_1.gif:( Except the flip is better :( !

Social source share

I think there IS a boot/counterfiet of this.

The beak of the hawk is plain white instead of being black like the rest of the logo.

Sure Pete Smith or someone could clarify this.

Another one....whilst I'm here.....

Has anyone seen a White Demo of the Laurie label. I've seen one recently and it certainly looks kosher. I have a W/Demo of Hoagy Lands somewhere that I'm pretty sure is a reissue, but I'm not sure of it's origins. Anyone clear that up for me?

Regards,

Dave

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

The only Hoagy demo i have is a canadian Laurie/(forget which way round) Lovers Friends Strangers?/Theme from other side/Multi coloured !

Social source share

I think there IS a boot/counterfiet of this.

The beak of the hawk is plain white instead of being black like the rest of the logo.

Sure Pete Smith or someone could clarify this.

Another one....whilst I'm here.....

Has anyone seen a White Demo of the Laurie label. I've seen one recently and it certainly looks kosher. I have a W/Demo of Hoagy Lands somewhere that I'm pretty sure is a reissue, but I'm not sure of it's origins. Anyone clear that up for me?

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave

These are the only 3 Laurie DEMO's in my collection, I have had them since the 1970's, and all are Multicoloured.

LR-3340 THE CHIFFONS - SWEET TALKIN' GUY - Stamped Matrix - T4KM-4274-1A

LR-3381 HOAGY LANDS - THE NEXT IN LINE Stamped Matrix - U4KM- 0901 - - 1A

LR-3418 - DEAN PARRISH - I'M ON MY WAY Stamped Matrix - U4KM - 0865 - - 1C

All are on Vinyl & Are Advance Release

LaurieDJ.jpg

I believe that there is a Styrene copy which may be the one on Pete French - site MothsinWallet - but is also Multicoloured and is a Promotional Copy.

I hope this helps

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Hoagy_Lands...ext_In_Line.ram

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Jimmy Soul clark - Demo is a Counterfeit

using the original white promo design label. The deadwax doesNOT have the italic ARP stamped in as does the authentic STOCK & PROMO copies.

If you check the vinyl it is very flexible.. Same man also counterfeited Mel Williams - Modern Demo, Eddie Parker - Ashford (small ARCHER staggered matrix) Bobby Garrett - Mirwood, Sandy Wynns - Touch Of Venus, Marsha Gee & Gloria Jones Uptown, Dalton Boys, Younghearts, Darrell Banks- Atco Demo, Johnny Sayles-Chi Town and scores of others.. all pressed in New York late 70s: all are made in the same vinyl and all looking very, very close to the original, at the time they were sold cheap. but with no mention of them being counterfeits. So many collectors think they have an original..on quite a few dodgy presses. The Mel Williams - Can It Be Me - Modern Demo is a particually good counterfeit and one that always gets sold as an original..

Social source share

using the original white promo design label. The deadwax doesNOT have the italic ARP stamped in as does the authentic STOCK & PROMO copies.

If you check the vinyl it is very flexible.. Same man also counterfeited Mel Williams - Modern Demo, Eddie Parker - Ashford (small ARCHER staggered matrix) Bobby Garrett - Mirwood, Sandy Wynns - Touch Of Venus, Marsha Gee & Gloria Jones Uptown, Dalton Boys, Younghearts, Darrell Banks- Atco Demo, Johnny Sayles-Chi Town and scores of others.. all pressed in New York late 70s: all are made in the same vinyl and all looking very, very close to the original, at the time they were sold cheap. but with no mention of them being counterfeits. So many collectors think they have an original..on quite a few dodgy presses. The Mel Williams - Can It Be Me - Modern Demo is a particually good counterfeit and one that always gets sold as an original..

What i said earlier about swappin` my genuine red issue,forget it :lol:

Social source share

Guest martyn
None Really :lol::D Except the flip is better :lol: !
:Dblush.gif Guess I'll never know about the flip-I can't afford an issue & try to avoid boots :yes::D
Social source share

:lol::D Guess I'll never know about the flip-I can't afford an issue & try to avoid boots sad.gif:lol:

I`ll stikc a file up,when i work out how i`m gonna` do this!! :yes:

Social source share

Thanks John,

I have never seen an original but always suspected it was a counterfeit. I also had a very good counterfeit Luther Ingram on green Hib, but as with this, it had no matrix stamp.

I will stick a sound file up of the b-side tonight for those interested if I get a chance

:lol:

Social source share

Hi Dave

These are the only 3 Laurie DEMO's in my collection, I have had them since the 1970's, and all are Multicoloured.

LaurieDJ.jpg

I believe that there is a Styrene copy which may be the one on Pete French - site MothsinWallet - but is also Multicoloured and is a Promotional Copy.

I hope this helps

Hi Roger,

Yep,

Seen lots of multicolored over the year. (Nice Dean Parrish btw, don't see that one too often), But has anyone ever seen a W/Demo of ANYTHING on Laurie?

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Hi Dave

LaurieDJ.jpg

I hope this helps

l_HOAGY%20LANDS%20THE%20NEXT%20IN%20LINE.jpg

i believe its the much tougher copy to get

Edited by MothsinWallet
Social source share

The only Hoagy demo i have is a canadian Laurie/(forget which way round) Lovers Friends Strangers?/Theme from other side/Multi coloured !

Maybe not Canadian? and maybe Friends and lovers dont go together!

Never seen a white one?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!