What Have I Missed? Been Away Four Years

Sounds like I've been in nick doesn't it?!  The truth is much more mundane.

Forgive this slightly tongue in cheek post, but I haven't popped my head round the door in so long.  I'm curious if there have been any great previously unknown records turned up?  Any miraculous tape-archive discoveries?  Has the vocal to 6 by 6 been found yet???!!!

Anything completely unknown appeared that would have got the Torch, Cats or Mecca crowd in a lather in 1973?

Greetings to all!

Social source share

...you ain't been missed it seems Dayo!!!!!!hehe!x I'm in a worser predicament than you at present mate!x I 'been away' for over 10 years!! I joined a few weeks ago and put stuf where i shouldn't and had me head slapped to bring me to me senses....all good Soulies do that for friends init!x So I stuck to talking to meself and sharing me music interests and thoughts and answering folk out there!!!x It's working!x I'm surprised your intro ain't been slung into the 'new folks 'hello'' bit cos that's where newbies like us wipe our shoes on the carpet!!x Once you've done that you step into this grand hall....of folk just like you!x Chilled...keen to learn and share. Soulful stuff!x Me?...I'll talk to anyone!x So how many did you kill/slash or burn to get ure 4 years? Did you find the Lord during ure sabbatical?? Or the aliens return you safely and your keeping stum??!x

More importantly....what tunes have u sussed for us all to hear in the past 4 years!!!x If no one has anything to offer as of the past 4 years....then a few folk have acknowledged a couple of tunes 'new' in the past 4 weeks!x Be warned tho'.....u may get an arrow in ure back from a looose Cherokeee....get a 'Touch' where u weren't expecting....and decide your gonna get outta bed or go straight from that All Nighter to go see hundreds of weird and wonderful objects in a farmers field! If ure lucky....you'll get tangoed at the very least! Go to my 'Best Boot Buys'....I only do 'originals' meself......!!!X

Alternatively Dayo....scout about....have a weave among the tables/threads....loooads of different chat about....see wots there....I've found looooads of new super stuff too....and i listen 24/7 to everything out of here so know the craic!x I heard you mate....and welcome to the forum/Hall......there...not so echoey now it's getting busy!!x Just like old times.....virtually!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

....p.s......here's 1 tune to welcome you that you will know that was made vocal just a few years ago....and I kid u not Dayo....but it is called 'The Prisoners mix'!!!!!!!!x ....just for you!!x It did the same to me as when i heard Butch play that vocal of the classic instrumental in the 90's!!! BRILLIANT stuff..shared by 'brilliance' as Butch was....is...X

Edited by SOOTY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

...it's called 'Sootification' in local legal circles around my way Godzilla!!!x I've managed to cut out years of bureaucracy and bo**ox that Insurance companys have slung our way when chasing them for compensation for peedo victims around the land whilst abused in kids homes. For 6 years these shi*ters had used bits of paper and waffle to get nowhere. It took me 6 months 'Sootification'....by emailng 1,000 Councillors/dignatories etc with the sordid detail and cover uppers they had among their ranks..said in my lingo. Freedom of speech it's called....electronic type. They sh*t themselves and paid £4 million that time....within 4 weeks of me 'Sootification'. Since then over 500 folk have received similar 'support' where required and it's cost Insurance companys in excess of £7 mill......in 7 years to date. We got 4 new cases just come in. The Wales/Jersey exposure are on our radar too. Saviles lot and other 'celebs'...well...it's open season....honest!!! So....I have many more forums/official websites where my 'serious' chat will go....in 'ere....it's 'chill out'!!x. It's 'educated' many Execs in International businesses as to 'the real world'....the one that I deal with. I'm from Cambridge init....the worlds centre of education....Globally!x Proud to be associated with that.....and even the Dean of the Uni reckons they should bring out a new Dictionary to celebrate the 800+ years of being the center of such....to include the word 'Sootification'.....honest!!xhehe..X

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Social source share

Hope your well Dave (Rimmer)...X You know me....ain;t got a clue...and i can't find it?!! Is there a version of this 6x6 on line to listen too??? Never heard it I don;t think to have a say!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Social source share

Hope your well Dave (Rimmer)...X You know me....ain;t got a clue...and i can't find it?!! Is there a version of this 6x6 on line to listen too??? Never heard it I don;t think to have a say!!x

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

Hiya Sooty,

I doubt very much you'll find a clip on line. But it does exist, it's an acetate owned by John Pugh (Purist on here).

Lost count of the number of times people have denied it's existance, but I've heard it, seen it, and held it, and so have several other members of SS.

Social source share

....is it good Dave??!!x I believe you...!x I got copys of alternative takes back in the 90's from the vaults of Motown given to me. The Velvettes doing a Supremes hit and all kinda things...half a dozen came out over a year! Sent to me 'anonymously' too!!! I played them at doo's....but nobody believed me that they were who I said/thought they were!!hehe!x

I'll admit this....for the first time in 'public'!x I believe Emporer Of My Baby's Heart...Kurt Harris became 'big' again...or for the first time in the mid 90's. I luv'd the record and was pleased to hear it around the Country. I had a copy of Dee Clark's That's My Girl'...and was taking it National wherever I went at the time too. Obviously I had become interested in anything Dee Clark as a consequence! I found this....at a Boot Sale around '96...

I think Raindrops is the A side...and the above 'STOOORMER'..the B! When first playing it...I couldn't believe the 'speed' at which it was recorded......mad stuff...imagine the drummer and accompaniment?! Either heavy heavy drugs at play....or...trickery with the speed when 'pressing' the tune! So...I slowed it to 33....then increased it to about 38 rpm......and was astonished! I put a 'white label' over the B side......and took it to the 100club a week or so later. I spun it as 'Emperor Of My Baby' s Heart....PART 2' and called it 'Till the End Of Time'.........and folk danced.........!!! On that basis....there is...was...a story that a Kurt Hariss part 2...was found!!!!!x Those close to me knew 'the truth'....but thought it funny anyway!!x

Sorry to anyone who I may have offended by my actions....but i;ve seen worse done by fellow DJ's!!!x You heard it here first....!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

EDIT.......JOHHHN PUGH!!!!! I know John...happy days again!x I'm sure I spoke with him last year via E-mail as we bumped into each other via Ebay or summink!x I will do a Major Lance....and 'investigate' further Dave!!!x

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

ronnie forte is still a £20 record, have you got one

Can i have one  at that price ????  :thumbup:

Social source share

"I had a girl I thought was so good,

the prettiest thing in the neighborhood,

She ran around with other guys,

breakin' my heart with all of her lies

My room is only six by six,

that cheatin' little woman put me in a fix.

I killed her out of jealousy,

I'm doing 25 years in the penitentiary."

Edited by georgeblackwell
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

Hey Dayo, Just get out and try the small do's Make up your own mind, you will be pleasently supprised, Last nite i went to pure soul at the crown Nunneaton, It was bangin, Rare & underplayed and unplayed, I was on a natural high and got a free cd to play in car on way home.

Other options are go to the oldies nights and support the Kev Roberts worshipers (not for me) .

Anyway make your own mind up and welcome back,

Garry Huxley

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!