Frankie Valli - The Night 2Nd Issue?

Have a French issue ( I think, deffo not British or US ) that is slightly different. Was that a re-record pulled from an Album. Pete - over to you my friend !!

Someone was saying the other day they have a version where the vocals are different at the start, Australian version maybe?

Social source share

Someone was saying the other day they have a version where the vocals are different at the start, Australian version maybe?

I'll have to check when I get home tonight to check the Label.  Not massively different but one of those where when you hear it it makes you double take,

Social source share

I bought it from a French guy in France so stupidly I assumed it was French !!

Social source share

Here is the alternate version, I have to say I have never heard this in my life and it's f*cking excellent

correct pete, that is the alternate version, think its the australian one that you mentioned or, got mentioned here, the original version has him doing the intro in a deep, husky baritone where this is positively, almost falsetto, a bit like eddie holman before he goes up another octave!.....that, im afraid mate, is where we differ, i prefer the haunting original......nevertheless, still a great record and you can so easily cast your mind back and see the dancefloor at station road totally rammed to this. i remember having to loan a copy of this to someone at sammy's allnighter because nobody else had it and at the time it was THE tune.

Edited by AGENTSMITH
Social source share

correct pete, that is the alternate version, think its the australian one that you mentioned or, got mentioned here, the original version has him doing the intro in a deep, husky baritone where this is positively, almost falsetto, a bit like eddie holman before he goes up another octave!.....that, im afraid mate, is where we differ, i prefer the haunting original......nevertheless, still a great record and you can so easily cast your mind back and see the dancefloor at station road totally rammed to this. i remember having to loan a copy of this to someone at sammy's allnighter because nobody else had it and at the time it was THE tune.

I like both of 'em..

Social source share

The 'Different Version'

You sure mate? That's just the Dutch issue that came in a pic sleeve isn't it? There's also German version on Tamla Motown that has the same pic sleeve but different coloured writing block across the top. I didn't think either of them were the alternate version.

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

You sure mate? That's just the Dutch issue that came in a pic sleeve isn't it? There's also German version on Tamla Motown that has the same pic sleeve but different coloured writing block across the top. I didn't think either of them were the alternate version.

Yes, it's slightly different on the intro. As I said not too out of the ball park, just a tad to make you think when it starts up. The intro is lighter vocally than the Mowest version.

Perhaps it as Pete said earlier, the Australian Version with the different intro.

Edited by Tezza
Social source share

Yes, it's slightly different on the intro. As I said not too out of the ball park, just a tad to make you think when it starts up. The intro is lighter vocally than the Mowest version.

Sorry - thought you meant it was the one in post 20 with the completely different intro :thumbsup:

Social source share

No need for my benefit - just played mine and it has the whispered beginning just like the UK Mowest version. Honest!

I need to get out more !!!

The one I have always recalled had a much louder intro and I always assumed it was the Mowest version.

Need to check my facts before I post on here Lol

Cheers mate.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I need to get out more !!!

The one I have always recalled had a much louder intro and I always assumed it was the Mowest version.

Need to check my facts before I post on here Lol

Cheers mate.

Anyone checked out the Chameleon LP version - can't find my copy at present - wonder if they used a different take - not played it in a long time but will dig deeper tomorrow am.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!