Is This Yvonne Baker 'real'

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've had my copy of You Didn't Say A Word up for sale and a couple of enquiries but I don't know if its a reissue or an original. Could anyone help with what I should look for?

The label design is like this

https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=2597248700

rather than the other designs,

Regards,

Ian Williams

thought real one like this are vinyl,with Frank/Wayne stamps on em`,boots definatly look like this,and are styrene,unless anybody knows different? :lol:

Social source share

Guest miff

I've had my copy of You Didn't Say A Word up for sale and a couple of enquiries but I don't know if its a reissue or an original. Could anyone help with what I should look for?

Regards,

Ian Williams

Think Orginals are styrene and Boots are vinyl If my memorey seves me right, at work at the mo, So not got me JM Bootleg guide

Social source share

Think Orginals are styrene and Boots are vinyl If my memorey seves me right, at work at the mo, So not got me JM Bootleg guide

thought real one like this are vinyl,with Frank/Wayne stamps on em`,boots definatly look like this,and are styrene,unless anybody knows different? :lol:

And we have a differance in opinians,in a voice of Jimmy Tarbukc :D

Social source share

Guest miff

And we have a differance in opinians,in a voice of Jimmy Tarbukc :D

Well the boot I had was deffo on vinyl sad.gif

Pease dont tell me it was real. :angry:

Social source share

Well the boot I had was deffo on vinyl :D

Pease dont tell me it was real. :angry:

Allright then i won`t sad.gif i know now`t anyhow :lol: ,

Social source share

The boots are vinyl, and if you look at the record run out, it is nearly half of the record long (about an inch across). The staggered west coast design are usually on styrene as they were pressed at the Monarch record plant.

The East coast ones are vinyl with a 'Frankford Wayne' stamp stamped in.

The one shown is (I think) a West Coast design.

It was booted on both designs. EC with no F/W stamp. WC boot deffo on styrene. Beige label ?

PeteS will be able to give more info.

Social source share

The East coast ones are vinyl with a 'Frankford Wayne' stamp stamped in.

The one shown is (I think) a West Coast design.

It was booted on both designs. EC with no F/W stamp. WC boot deffo on styrene. Beige label ?

PeteS will be able to give more info.

I`m half right then? :huh: no change that,more than half.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Definalty booted on West Coast design on vinyl,these just have

P-140 in the run out groove and no delta # unlike the

styrene originals.

Dave f.......

Social source share

Dave Fleming' May 22 2006,

styrene originals.

Dave f.......

................thanks folks

and.....................................damn - but at least it only a fiver all those years ago - perhaps I could double my money?

Regards

Ian

Social source share

and.....................................damn - but at least it only a fiver all those years ago - perhaps I could double my money?

Regards

Ian

Or you could just quite simply "break it and bin it" and put the "fiver" down to "bad investment" so it's one less boot in circulation :P:ohmy: ....

Social source share

Or you could just quite simply "break it and bin it" and put the "fiver" down to "bad investment" so it's one less boot in circulation :P:ohmy: ....

Mark

Funny, but this was the first ‘northern’ single I ever bought; 50p at the Warrina in Peterborough. Didn’t really know or care about the ‘originals’ debate because it didn’t exist then. I wouldn’t sell it or snap it now even if I did own an original, probably swap it for one, but that’s about it. So there’ll be at least one in circulation for quite a while…

Social source share

Mark

Funny, but this was the first 'northern' single I ever bought; 50p at the Warrina in Peterborough. Didn't really know or care about the 'originals' debate because it didn't exist then. I wouldn't sell it or snap it now even if I did own an original, probably swap it for one, but that's about it. So there'll be at least one in circulation for quite a while...

Was only playing "devil's advocate" Simon :ohmy: ....

Have also got this "boot", plus lots of others, picked up "back then" when I knew no better and I just keep them piled up seperately for personsal reasons of "my history".... never have actually thought about selling them on also as each has it's "memory" value :P .... nothing to do with an "originals" debate.... perhaps more to do with making such boots "rarer" :huh: ....

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Soulie007

Dave Fleming' May 22 2006,

styrene originals.

Dave f.......

Regards

Ian

Double it????? go 5 x.

Seen it in sales boxes traded as "Hard to Find Reissue £25.00" :angry:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!