Market Harborough Rare Soul Night 15th Oct

Guest Baz

any guys and girls from soul source comming tomorrow night.

times 8-1pm at the wellington suite market harborough trades and labour club (on the high street)

promoted by wayne sharman there will be some excellent rare soul played through the night the line up as follows

wink.gif 8-9 Glyn whitbread

:thumbsup: 9-10 yours truley

:thumbsup: 10-11:30 special guest MICK H

:D 11:30-1 Wayne sharman

a measly 5 english pounds to enter through the pearly doors

come up and say hi if your popping along

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

well if you didn't get there last night you missed out on some really top draw qulity soul music the night started of a little slow not many people getting there till about 9:30 and the punters started to flood in. Glyn kicked off the night on the decks plaing mostly a mixture of oldies some of the records that stuck out for me in his spot was Danny Woods on correctone the stylettes to far to turn around on pillar a great R&B flavoured record and finaly finnishing of his spot with the current indemander Bill Bush. i took to the decks at 9 not many people in by then. Buy about half nine the floor started to get moving some of the records that i played (or that i can remember anyway) the Diplomats the 60's newie Lavern Baker Tiny Tim. big things on the horizon for that record. Mick H took to the decks at 10 and now the floor was really starting to get going and more people were coming through the door of course mick mixed it up with a mixture of monster raritys such as Magret Little a fantistic detroit slab of soul. George Leamons (one of my favs) and don gardne thoe floor was absolutely rocking and the atmospher was electric after a hour and a half of top qulity soul from Mick promoter Wanye Sharman took to the decks fr the last spot mixng oldies with more monster raritys such as Gwen Owens just say your wanted the Carios on shrine Al Scott/mr Soul

Carla hardy I dream of you, one of the rarest detroit records you can get. Eddie parker im gone. As i say a fantastic night if you didnt go i strongly advise you to come along to the next one any of you soul sourcers get along last night. The next one is on 26th november with guest DJs tony parker and Dave welding

Been talking to Mick this morning and he said it was a great night with some quality music played.  One to look out for in future  :thumbsup:

link

yeah was very good cant wait til the next one not a massive venue/dancefloor but the atmosfear was excellent thanks chalky

well if you didn't get there last night you missed out on some really top draw qulity soul music the night started of a little slow not many people getting there till about 9:30 and the punters started to flood in. ..............

link

thanks for passing on how nite went

always good to see how events mentioned on here go and what was pushed out....

sounds like was a good un

ta

mike

wink.gif

A big thanks to Wayne Sharman, Baz, Glyn & Mick H for making Friday night at Market Harborough a most enjoyable evening. It was great to hear some good quality northern soul all night long. The venue started to fill after 9.30p.m. and the dancefloor was full until the end.

The atmosphere was friendly and everyone seemed to hear something that night which made even myself hit the dancefloor to the amazement of my wife!

It was great to see young Baz getting to give his tunes some airplay, a well put together spot watch out for this one!

Well done to Glyn for having to do the early spot(someone has to) but still playing top quality tunes including Bill Bush which Glyn seemed to enjoy playing immensely!

Mick H as usually a fantastic spot which rammed the dancefloor for the full hour and a half.

Wayne Sharman finished off the night playing top quality rare tunes including Clara Hardy 'I dream of you' which sounded fantastic.

Thanks for a great night Dave & Lisa Vanner.

the next one is on the 26th of november with guests tony parker and dave welding

thanks dave i had to check twice when you were on the floor must have been good to get you up to see you dancing is as rare as carla hardy its self haha wink.gif