Nice Newie (To Me) Rich Ward On Hit - Funky Edged Raw & Bluesy Crossover

Guest uroffal

Great record, seen a couple go through ebay with fluctuating, albeit quite high, prices. Condition of both was pretty poor if memory serves me correctly - think that Youtube clip may be of one of them (is that a recent addition to youtube -wasn't on there before)

Not sure how well known it is, but been looking for a while - seems fairly rare.

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

yeah...one went in vg- for approx. $800 ... mine is the same condition, but gladly I paid less...I guess someone found 3 copies in a cellar a couple of months ago, two went on ebay...these are the only copies I heard of (even someone told me that there is a dj in the uk who also owns one copy)...anyone else got a copy at home? would be interesting to know...

Edited by mattfox
Social source share

Guest uroffal

Ahh in that case you beat me to that copy as I was second highest bidder I think. I was surprised it didn't reach more.

Will be interesting to see if there are other copies out there - either way I agree think it has a big future that one.

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Guest uroffal

Oh I see, assumed that was the copy you got. Wish i'd gone a bit higher now, but I am a tight arse :D

Social source share

Hey Matt, FYI went over to that address after the recent one went high on ebay, it's a crappy residential multi-uniti building on the wrong side of Prospect Park, no chance of any more copies still sitting there, second record to show up with an address close nearby my home recently, craziest was Gene Tune on Jemell which is actually from my street just 2 blocks down, that one blew my mind, nice find for you haven't seen any here in many years of living in Brooklyn/NYC   :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This track dates from 1973 and must have been cut in the NY area, so I guess the Rich Ward in question is the guy detailed below.

He had recently quit the New York Police in summer 69 and was starting to make his way as a singer ........ 

post-22122-0-26420200-1368030313_thumb.j

post-22122-0-45627000-1368030380_thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Interesting record but wow do I not like it. Enjoy your find but I hope I never have to hear it again!

I agree.  Matt, you say 'quality', exactly where is the quality?  It's got absolutely no redeeming features at all, rubbish band, rubbish singer, rubbish song...

Social source share

Pete, it lies in the eye of the beholder and depends on his perspective, I'd say! And I know (already said it): it's a record that polarizes...

Very true mate.  There are loads of records nowadays that I just don't get.  Maybe I haven't got the patience to listen and it has to be instant.  Sometimes when I download loads of stuff off the net, say maybe 100 popcorn and r&b tunes, I go through them and if I don't like them after 20 seconds, they are deleted for ever!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!