Eddie Holman - I Surrender - Action

Recently bought a nice ABC Demo of 'I SURRENDER' of SS (Cheers Stefan!) and have just seen one on a certain Website on UK ACTION,

It states that the UK version is faster ? is that true , to be honest I never knew it came out on a UK label but my knowledge of UK is even less than that of US (if that's possible :lol: )

Is it a different take then ?

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

p.s. They're asking £300 for a M copy , is that the going rate ?

Social source share

Guest trickbag
230796422200.jpg

UK action Ex+ (Immaculate)

100.00 pounds,listen to both on YouTube

sound the same to me,course my ears are painted on.

ricky.

Social source share

Swifty - pitch yours up n save ya sen a few hundred quid lol.....not sure if one is faster than t'other, only aware of the unissued version on the LP being different.

Best Russ

:lol:

Maybe it's a bit of sales bullshit :thumbsup:

Social source share

I've got a Lebanese ABC copy of this. Anyone seen one of those before?

Think I've seen that maybe on an old thread on here , rare and obscure release :thumbsup: , come to think of it isn't Earl Jackson also on a lebanese release or have

I just made that up ?? :huh:

Thanks

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...ACTION UK.Is without doubt a must collect soul label, and you can hardly go wrong when you see a record on the ACTION LABEL, so buying blind, will not be a let down, history of the label is easy to find on the net, and all the 45s are on CD,

Only a couple or so 45s are over £100, but as shown can be found in good nic under,

EDDIE HOLMANS great 45, "I surrender", is the genuine rare record, however in recent years, many other ACTION 45s have become in demand, "take it baby" is and always been rare, as are all DEMOS, (ARE OF FAKES),

As a DEMO the EDDIE HOLMAN is about £125 minty, well that's I want for my DEMO copy.

In defence of the record mentioned with the big price tag, I feel that many people who have cash will buy top records, not me as if I spend £50 on a record it hurts, but trust me it will be a top tune in every which way & some :rofl: DAVE K :hatsoff2:  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...ACTION UK.Is without doubt a must collect soul label, and you can hardly go wrong when you see a record on the ACTION LABEL, so buying blind, will not be a let down, history of the label is easy to find on the net, and all the 45s are on CD,

Only a couple or so 45s are over £100, but as shown can be found in good nic under,

EDDIE HOLMANS great 45, "I surrender", is the genuine rare record, however in recent years, many other ACTION 45s have become in demand, "take it baby" is and always been rare, as are all DEMOS, (ARE OF FAKES),

As a DEMO the EDDIE HOLMAN is about £125 minty, well that's I want for my DEMO copy.

In defence of the record mentioned with the big price tag, I feel that many people who have cash will buy top records, not me as if I spend £50 on a record it hurts, but trust me it will be a top tune in every which way & some :rofl: DAVE K :hatsoff2:  

Social source share

I've got a Lebanese ABC copy of this. Anyone seen one of those before?

mines a lebanese copy too bit different from the norm

Social source share

Think I've seen that maybe on an old thread on here , rare and obscure release :thumbsup: , come to think of it isn't Earl Jackson also on a lebanese release or have

I just made that up ?? :huh:

Thanks

Sorry, answered this before I read your post, I had the Earl Jackson on Leb ABC.

The Eddie Holman on UK Action is worth £125 tops. It is the same version as the USA one.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Sorry, answered this before I read your post, I had the Earl Jackson on Leb ABC.

The Eddie Holman on UK Action is worth £125 tops. It is the same version as the USA one.

What price for a Leb Earl Jackson then Pete , bet it's 'kin rare !

Social source share

What price for a Leb Earl Jackson then Pete , bet it's 'kin rare !

No idea mate, I don't even know what happened to it, I guess I would have asked 125 - 150 for it, but whatever it was, it was in the 'soul source' era so there will be something about it hidden away in the site archives, I'm sure.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!