So Many Wants

...So Little Money...

Maybe I should stop buying new CDs to listen too, each time I do the list of wants goes up tenfold! :P No real point to this post, just the sheer amount of quality soul music out there is so vast even on the cheaper end I cant even make a dent in the wants list. Even when I pick up my priority wants, it keeps me satisfied for a few weeks then on to the next few. But I suppose that why collecting becomes a bit of an obsession. Haha. :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi Jordan

Its a common complaint mate.My only advice is to not buy too compulsively after hearing a record for the first time.Play it several times over a few days and what at first sounded the best ever can sometimes loose its gloss after a few plays.If you still love it after a week of hearing it the buy it.Also try to avoid the hype around certain records and don't get stuff because others say its brill.Try to forge your own style of sound and buy what grabs you personally,that way you end up with a box of stuff you believe in rather than a box of so called should haves.Good luck and try to enjoy it

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Hi Jordan

Its a common complaint mate.My only advice is to not buy too compulsively after hearing a record for the first time.Play it several times over a few days and what at first sounded the best ever can sometimes loose its gloss after a few plays.If you still love it after a week of hearing it the buy it.Also try to avoid the hype around certain records and don't get stuff because others say its brill.Try to forge your own style of sound and buy what grabs you personally,that way you end up with a box of stuff you believe in rather than a box of so called should haves.Good luck and try to enjoy it

I know what you mean, ive bought a few records that now dont do much for me. But, that is a rarity! Just the sheer number of quality tracks out there is unreal, it's a real joy just to keep finding all these tracks never mind owning them. I normally listen to an album till I know every word of every song and I normally then need want to buy 7/10, hence the reason why list keeps growing!

Social source share

Guest Gogs

Quite a few years ago i wrote out a wants list of 167 records, So far i've managed to get 38 of them (the cheaper ones) and reckon if i live another 5 lifetimes i might get them all (but probably not).

Social source share

it never ever ends,ever,you are a collector and prob always will be,as you get older yr tastes may change slightly to maybe more deeper soul,midtempo soul,crossover soul,70s soul etc but still enjoying and wanting the 60s stuff,it just keeps on and on,its a condition,it never ever ends,ever

jason

• Helpful 1
Social source share

...So Little Money...

Maybe I should stop buying new CDs to listen too, each time I do the list of wants goes up tenfold! :P No real point to this post, just the sheer amount of quality soul music out there is so vast even on the cheaper end I cant even make a dent in the wants list. Even when I pick up my priority wants, it keeps me satisfied for a few weeks then on to the next few. But I suppose that why collecting becomes a bit of an obsession. Haha. :D

its not an obsession...its a bloody illness...haha

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Karen has enforced a rule at our house, that if I listen to one of Chalkies Stafford podcasts I am not allowed to have a pen pencil paper of copy of the Manship guide anywhere near.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!