News: 20 Feet From Stardom - Film Info

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

They seem to have selected mainly black female backing singers who have gone out on tour behind rock & pop acts (though Stevie Wonder figures a lot in the film but he had a massive pop profile as well as a soul scene presence).

So I think studio backing groups such as those that Dave mentions will get less of a mention as I believe there are trying to pull in audiences that have an interest in the likes of Bruce Springsteen, the Stones, Sting, Elton John, etc.

2nd mention in a thread here for Bruce Springsteen in a couple of days !!! The guys 'soul profile' is on the rise !!

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Guest scottie

on the subject of backing vocals  on "i got the fever" by the prophets/creation the backing vocals are as strong as an ox.i wonder how many singers over the years have been upstaged by superior backing vocalists

Social source share

on the subject of backing vocals  on "i got the fever" by the prophets/creation the backing vocals are as strong as an ox.i wonder how many singers over the years have been upstaged by superior backing vocalists

Most of the above mentioned rock and pop acts I would imagine. :wicked:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!