Bobbie Smith

Tezza

Someone has a Bobbie Smith - Walk On Into My Heart on an American Arts Demo

I have noticed in the past that the 'AA' Demo had Red Writing where this one has Black Writing. Also, I have seen White Label 'AA' copies in the past but they don't say Promotional Copy on them.  The one for sale is a Black Writing one which is exactly the same as the Red Writing one. Was it ever Pressed in this format or is it a different Plant/Run or did they just run out of Red Ink !!!

Anyone ??

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Black label/white writing

white label/red writing

white label/black writing/two lines across label/something like "promotional copy" on label

are all originals.

white label/black writing w/out lines exists as bootleg and original. don't know how differenciate these two.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

white label/red writing

white label/black writing/two lines across label/something like "promotional copy" on label

are all originals.

white label/black writing w/out lines exists as bootleg and original. don't know how differenciate these two.

Black label/SILVER writing

white label/red writing/two lines across label/something like "promotional copy" on label

white label/black writing w/out lines styrene is original first press and also exists as bootleg on vynil with same design

Originals only as styrene pressings

Social source share

white label/red writing

are all originals.

white label/black writing w/out lines exists as bootleg and original. don't know how differentiate these two.

I bought my white DJ issue with black lettering in 1966.  So, I know it is original.  I'm sure the red writing was on a press run in a different pressing plant, but have no idea why a different colour was used.

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

I bought my white DJ issue with black lettering in 1966.  So, I know it is original.  I'm sure the red writing was on a press run in a different pressing plant, but have no idea why a different colour was used.

Hi Robb, you mean the one without lines or with lines ? egg.: post-19710-0-77019200-1368357578_thumb.p OR post-19710-0-35573800-1368357611_thumb.p

Both had a black 'commercial' labelled run; post-19710-0-49565300-1368357860.pngpost-19710-0-52306600-1368357886_thumb.p

I only know of the Bobbie Smith for the American Arts label that had those issues without lines. I only saw the Volumes and Patti Jerome in the flesh. Few oddities on the net. But don't know of other early numbers if they do exist at all. So I presumed those without lines were first run of pressings and it had later rounds due to demand with the 'new' lined designed label. And they added the "an Embee Prod." quote to.

Would you know better or...

Cheers, Tim

Edited by tlscapital
Social source share

the early issues  are on black and white, while the later issues are just black

Social source share

Hi Robb, you mean the one without lines or with lines ? egg.: attachicon.gifImage 9.png OR attachicon.gifImage 11.png

Both had a black 'commercial' labelled run; attachicon.gifImage 12.pngattachicon.gifImage 13.png

I only know of the Bobbie Smith for the American Arts label that had those issues without lines. I only saw the Volumes and Patti Jerome in the flesh. Few oddities on the net. But don't know of other early numbers if they do exist at all. So I presumed those without lines were first run of pressings and it had later rounds with demand. With the 'new' lined designed label. And the "an Embee Prod." quote.

Would you know better or...

Cheers, Tim

i think he means he has the white one on the right tim.... there is a volumes gotta give her love as a white..sure i seen others too

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

i think he means he has the white one on the right tim.... there is a volumes gotta give her love as a white..sure i seen others too

Ok Dave, the Volumes promo 'gotta give her love' but WITH lines does exist. But I only know of the Bobbie Smith without lines (black label & white label. If ever there were onther numbers on American Arts before Bobbie Smith and between Bobbie Smith (AA2) and the Volumes (AA6), I've never seen any to wonder what is the story behind the ones (B & W) WITHOUT lines. It's a bit of a brainstortming for such a detail. But, it's such a long beloved record for me and I'm just curious if there might be a story behind the different pressings back then. Was it revived or pushed a second time ? Stuffs like that. Voila. Cheers, Tim

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!