George Lemons Fascinating Girl On Gold Soul

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

his voice sound ok to me pete..rather have george`s than say wayne cochrans.. each to his own buddy

Don't compare it with Wayne Cochran Dave, that's a really cheap shot, I said I liked this one record the guy made, not that I thought he was the world's greatest singer, which he evidently isn't.

Social source share

Don't compare it with Wayne Cochran Dave, that's a really cheap shot, I said I liked this one record the guy made, not that I thought he was the world's greatest singer, which he evidently isn't.

I doubt many that like George Lemons think he is the world's greatest singer either, I certainly don't.  To many Wayne Cochran is sh*t and a far worse record than George Lemons, each to their own as they say.

Social source share

wasnt meant to be a cheap shot at all pete. i mentioned wayne coz i just listened to it on that live show thread and not because you said you like that mercury 45.... in 5 minutes time i`ll probably be listenin to sumthin else i thinks worse than george

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Hope you are able to locate a copy. It is a truly fascinating record. Ownership of it helps to appreciate flawed talent and develop a healthier respect for the artists of the sixties who struggled to cut a track in the face of numerous constraints. My hands tremble when I put it on the turntable and the listening experience is as good as it gets on the rare occasion when played. My copy came in what can best be described as a 'companified' sleeve that has been customised by a home made John Bull type rubber stamp giving company details including a Detroit phone number - the record within the sleeve takes on holy relic status and would possibly defy the descriptive skills of John Manship if he had the record and 'birth sleeve' up for auction. In the meantime, play the CD or be lucky enough to catch it whilst out on the floor...

• Helpful 3
Social source share