Salmon - Dave Simpson - Rip (Was: Very Poorly)

Guest frenchie

Guest frenchie

Just spoken with Pez who is currently at Royal Oldham Hospital Palliative care(G2) with Salmon who has taken a turn for the worse.  

Those of us that know Salmon know he has not been well for quite a while, and has been in and out of hospital for the last few years. We can only hope and pray that he will make it through this time, but from my conversation with people there it doesn't look very likely.

It is open visiting, and he is still conscious but unable to speak very much for any of us wishing to go and see him.

He has been a close friend of ours for many years. It saddens me to have to write this. I would love to go and see him and let him make me laugh - most know him as Mr Grumpy - but we had some good old laughs down the line. Just to be able to say you will be okay :(

Hopefully this will be updated as and when any of us have any news.

Penny

Social source share

Guest frenchie

Karen has just text me - no change overnight so he is hanging in there.  

She has passed everyones best wishes on, although not sure if he can hear them.

xx

Social source share

Guest coltaylor1

Salmon is still hanging in there. Had  quite afew visitors last night. Joyanne and Pez stayed the night. Told him about the good wishes and he smiled.  Such a brave man. - Karenx

Social source share

Guest frenchie

Its with very great sadness to let you all know that Salmon has passed away this morning.

Pez was with him, he has been Salmons guardian angel in these last few days. Also Joyann who has been by his side for most of the weekend along with Karen.

Thank you to all his friends who have been up at the hospital to say good bye over the weekend I believe he was quite overwhelmed. 

His funeral arrangements will be posted when that side of things has been sorted.

Penny

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!