Broken Record Broken Heart

I was given a present by the late Dave Godin. It was a Tamla Motown Appreciation Society Speicial Release Promo featuring all the Motown Greats. I moved house and the valued item broke, sustaining a hairline-fracture that will not heal before or after the world cup. Has a broken record broken your heart?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was given a present by the late Dave Godin. It was a Tamla Motown Appreciation Society Speicial Release Promo featuring all the Motown Greats.

I was given the same present by Dave... and my copy, after all these years, I'm pleased to say, is still MINT, complete with the original Blue Paper sleeve.

As a matter of interest, the A side came out on CD earlier this year (or back end of last!).

As for the broken record... my copy of the Natural Four "I Thought You Were Mine" on ABC issue arrived from the states in two pieces over 25 years ago. I taped up the flip with Black Insulating tape and have played it out ever since!

Who says you can't mend a broken heart?

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

I was given the same present by Dave... and my copy, after all these years, I'm pleased to say, is still MINT, complete with the original Blue Paper sleeve.

As a matter of interest, the A side came out on CD earlier this year (or back end of last!).

As for the broken record... my copy of the Natural Four "I Thought You Were Mine" on ABC issue arrived from the states in two pieces over 25 years ago. I taped up the flip with Black Insulating tape and have played it out ever since!

Sean Hampsey

Dave gave me the same present too-also mint and in the original sleeve-he was always so generous.

I've never broken any records but my record shelves used to be at cat scratching post height so the spines of almost all of them are completely clawed. Just to finish them off a leak came in and soaked half of them....the records are fine but I was upset that the sleeves were ruined as some of them were masterpieces of kitsch design! You know the sort of thing- men in silver trousers and moonboots etc.

Social source share

sean,

A long time ago i bought Satisfy me baby- the sweets off John Farrell £3 at the time, rode home on my Lambretta, 45 stuffed up my jumper, got home, bumped my scoot up onto the pavement, bugger me it rolled back, 45 cracked all the way through one half, like you,stuck it together with tape, playes perfect, but i groan every time i get it out. Never been able to play other side tho which everyone keeps telling me is great.

rob hurcomb

Social source share

Guest Rich

Sean Hampsey

i broke my Billy Prophet 'What can I do' - luckily it was one sided, so I glued down the back and 'healed it'. The play side looks perfect and plays without any clicks whatsoever.

Al Green wasn't it :yes:

Social source share

I was given a present by the late Dave Godin. It was a Tamla Motown Appreciation Society Speicial Release Promo featuring all the Motown Greats. I moved house and the valued item broke, sustaining a hairline-fracture that will not heal before or after the world cup. Has a broken record broken your heart?

Definately : having my copy of " Thumb A Ride " ( US Capitol 5516 ) sustaining a large burn to the vinyl from a cigarette being dropped onto it on the decks at a gig I was doing in the early 70's, by a ming mong wanting a look at it ...... I still have the record, and still cringe every time I look at it.

Malc Burton

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!