Incognito

Anderson Brothers - I Can See Him Loving You

Read somewhere that the boot plays mono both sides even though marked stereo, and the dip in the middle is more pronounced than the orig

Edited by Incognito

The seller should have stated all the markings deadwax size etc in the listing,Have edited my post.

Edited by Maxwell

Read somewhere that the boot plays mono both sides even though marked stereo, and the dip in the middle is more pronounced than the orig

Had a demo boot many many years ago mono stereo and it did play stereo one side.

Love the way he says it has all the correct markings according to manship

Correct markings for what? Original or boot

Oops - seen the Original at top right of his listing- Mind you anyone with an Ebay id that has Footsie in the name must be dubious! :lol:

Edited by Ernie Andrews

221143478188.jpg170487072295.jpg

I always thought the way to tell the original and boots apart was the spacing between the Music Corp. and the Arrangement wording HOWEVER just checked a number on Popsike and their are boots with both !!!! 

o.k heres mine
always thought it was a boot but now Pete says the dip is not as severe on the orig
Matrix is GSFM 1179 on both sides
looks like PB has been scratched out but hard to make out
 Don't be afraid to upset me I can take it
Edited by Incognito

o.k heres mine
always thought it was a boot but now Pete says the dip is not as severe on the orig
Matrix is GSFM 1179 on both sides
looks like PB has been scratched out but hard to make out
 Don't be afraid to upset me I can take it

I think there must be three boots.

One really good lookalike with a gentle dip down to the middle, that will be a PB, then one on thicker vinyl with the sharp dip, then the styrene one which we all know is a boot.  I had a boot of Dave Newman that was like the first Anderson Bros boot and it looked so real, then it came out looking like the second Anderson Bros boot, thats the common copy.  

Edited by Pete S

Here's mine. Had this discussion a few years ago on here in another thread, and I seem to think it ended that no one could decide if it was a boot or not. I have had the record 30+ years.
Plays in stereo on the stereo side, PB? scratched out, GSFM-1179 S (stereo side) GSFM-1179 M (Mono side), what looks A 100 274-X partially scratched out in dead wax, and what looks like 'NR' scratched out in dead wax too.

You decide, I don't f**king know LOL :dash2:

post-9727-0-54591500-1368405520_thumb.jp

Here's mine. Had this discussion a few years ago on here in another thread, and I seem to think it ended that no one could decide if it was a boot or not. I have had the record 30+ years.

Plays in stereo on the stereo side, PB? scratched out, GSFM-1179 S (stereo side) GSFM-1179 M (Mono side), what looks A 100 274-X partially scratched out in dead wax, and what looks like 'NR' scratched out in dead wax too.

You decide, I don't f**king know LOL :dash2:

100% bootleg.  Pressed at Monarch 1976.

Cheers Pete.

Not doubting you for a second, but what are the points that let you know that? Just interested to know fella.

Steve

PB crossed out, MR crossed out (Monarch pressing plant), and also cos I've got an identical one myself  :lol:

OK Here's another. Just picked up this in a collection. 
GSF-1179S, Stereo side, '340' scratched in, and the name 'Col Taylor*' scratched in, No 'PB' to be seen
GSFM-1179M scratched in twice on the Mono side and the number 340 again?

Any clues??

post-9727-0-45857200-1369140538_thumb.jp

OK Here's another. Just picked up this in a collection. 

GSF-1179S, Stereo side, '340' scratched in, and the name 'Col Taylor*' scratched in, No 'PB' to be seen

GSFM-1179M scratched in twice on the Mono side and the number 340 again?

Any clues??

That's a bootleg. The "ridge" on the label around the centre-hole gives it away.

So that must be 3 bootleg presses then? I thought with no 'PB' and the name scratched in it had all the signs.

As I suggested at the start, there are 3 bootlegs of this, the one in your photo I remember buying in 1976 for £6 or £8 which was a lot then, tuened out to be a boot, there's another boot with a not so prounounced ridge but has a PB, and then there's the commoner styrene one.

Guest giant

original are moulded  label slightly of white ,whereas   boots stuck on paper label.and dead waxx details on the originals are different.

original sell for around £500 --£600

original are moulded  label slightly of white ,whereas   boots stuck on paper label.and dead waxx details on the originals are different.

original sell for around £500 --£600

A mint original will cost a bit more than that I think  £800-£950

Guest giant

A mint original will cost a bit more than that I think  £800-£950

yes if your crazy enough to pay that kind money , i have the original came from a very nice chap cross the pond ,and didn't cost me not even £500 pounds.

JM has just listed a 10 inch acetate of this on his auction. Nice in that there's no confusion with the various bootleg/reissues. However, sometimes these acetates don't reach the higher end of the price scale of the actual release. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Guest Seagrave

There's never any confusion with this record.

It always has been and always will be a load of wishy-washy, white, wimpy nonsense. 

I like the Anderson Bros version.

There are a couple of other versions which make the Anderson Bros sound like gritty, street level, ghetto funk! (obviously, no offence to anyone who is a fan of the other versions, I assume that will not include Segrave :D )

Trieste

http://youtu.be/B_0HHrHz_AQ

and the composer Ray Dahrouge

http://youtu.be/eYaDu5gMGdM

Edited by bo diddley

by 2 country singers

In what way is the Anderson Brothers LP "country"?

Is it confirmed that the guys that recorded the LP - Stefan Anderson (previously on Stax etc.) and Joe Anderson - are the same guys that cut the 45 on GSF. I really doubt it.

The LP is a pretty solid slightly funky AOR / soft rock album. There's really no "country" in sight. There's even a tune or two that could be played in modern/crossover rooms ("I Wish She Would" for example).

It's recorded at Malaco.

Produced by Tim Whitsett.

Tommy Tate and Frederick Knight are featured on backing vocals.

Edited by Sebastian

In what way is the Anderson Brothers LP "country"?

Is it confirmed that the guys that recorded the LP - Stefan Anderson (previously on Stax etc.) and Joe Anderson - are the same guys that cut the 45 on GSF. I really doubt it.

The LP is a pretty solid slightly funky AOR / soft rock album. There's really no "country" in sight. There's even a tune or two that could be played in modern/crossover rooms ("I Wish She Would" for example).

It's recorded at Malaco.

Produced by Tim Whitsett.

Tommy Tate and Frederick Knight are featured on backing vocals.

Sounds like a soul album to me.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.