Cookie Woodson "i'll Be True"

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

When I hear this tune I get goosebumps, is it still available on vinly as I only have it on a compilation CD.

link

Frankie, it is a rare one as it only came out as an issue B side. I can't remember the A side without going thru' my records to find it. It's on Colossus. You sometimes see the demos but they haven't got "I'll be true" on. I got mine off the bay about 5 years ago for about £60 - £70 which I thought was a bargain. I was told that it's worth between £500 - £800.....!! I don't know how true that is as there was another on ebay some months ago that also went for only a couple of hundred dollars. I'll dig it out later and give you more details, you could always get the Virgil Henry version also on Colossus for about £50 which is the same backing track and is virtually the same.

Jordi

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

To be quite honest (and Christian B before you start you're wrong!!!) i actually prefer the Virgil Henry version, it has a little more punch for me, and while i will conceed that Cookie's version is a little more soulful there is hardly anything in it (so much so that it is difficult to tell them apart out) and Virgil shades it for me and it's shed loads cheaper. £50 from dealers but you can pick it up cheaper if you look.

Trouty

Edited by Johnny One Trout
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!