Why, Why Oh Why?

just a pop record, pure and simple and like all the other crap that poses as music, its got no  longevity or influence...is it that the guy's a northern soul lover, as he's used a   formulae backdrop. in defense of the video, at least its shot at a legible speed unlike 99% of todays product which ought to carry a flashing images warning. at least it involves REAL DANCING, not bloody beyonce and every other one of her ilk who feel it is necessary to do aerobics shoots that have precisely FUCK ALL to do with dancing...WHEN will these people learn?. 

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

F*************************************

A 38 letter word beginning with F   ... dunno Dave, give us a clue  :D

Social source share

Good choice Paul lol

My seven year old likes it: "Is that where you go Dad?" Au contraire: this one features some kids prancing about reasonably rhythmically then an old geezer dancing like me dad hoves into view. Its the other way round as a rule.

I've heard worse pop records btw.  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Good choice Paul lol

My seven year old likes it: "Is that where you go Dad?" Au contraire: this one features some kids prancing about reasonably rhythmically then an old geezer dancing like me dad hoves into view. Its the other way round as a rule.

I've heard worse pop records btw.  so will it b on ur playlist for grumpty :wicked:

Social source share

...It already is - catch up! :D Everyone keeps asking for 'something different', so there you have it - That's why we go! :lol: 

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

Edited by LEN
Social source share

I don't know if anyone watched it right through but wasn't expecting that ending! :elvis:  Is it the new Green Cross Code ad for youth of today? If so, I think I prefer the ones from 70's.

....You may wanna read post number 2 Steve :excl: :)  

Social source share

...first time of hearing it....and....it's punchy...and promotes 'something' for the scene even if it's just a 'venue' gathering!!

Not offended by it and indeed let it spin to the end.....unfortunately! Thanx for posting!x

@@
~

LUV
SOOTY
X

Social source share

It just a pop record, but not a bad one.

I like that Chicago House beat & soulful tennor sax, good pop I'd say.

Bandwagon video, nothing to do with Northern really, but so what?

We should get ready for a wave of this type of thing if Elaine Constantines movie really takes off.

Would it be such a bad for the continuity of the whole scene if it does, its just a generation away from extinction as it is.

Aid

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest frenchie

Some ageing old duffer in a leather 'mac' and furrowed brow should have burst in there like Jesus in the temple. Thou hast turned the house of my Father into a casa de putas!

F**in marvellous  :lol:

Social source share

Guest drewid

Shit all round if you ask me

What a god awful song and video....they sent me an email asking if I knew any dancers that would be interested! I said "No".

Social source share

What a god awful song and video....they sent me an email asking if I knew any dancers that would be interested! I said "No".

Can you spot how many of those in the vid you helped train to dance? Kind of ironic isn't it :-)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

...first time of hearing it....and....it's punchy...and promotes 'something' for the scene even if it's just a 'venue' gathering!!

Not offended by it and indeed let it spin to the end.....unfortunately! Thanx for posting!x

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

I said 'eat some Porridge' Sooty! :lol: 

x

Social source share

It just a pop record, but not a bad one.

I like that Chicago House beat & soulful tennor sax, good pop I'd say.

Bandwagon video, nothing to do with Northern really, but so what?

We should get ready for a wave of this type of thing if Elaine Constantines movie really takes off.

Would it be such a bad for the continuity of the whole scene if it does, its just a generation away from extinction as it is.

Aid

I hope not, I've been one of the 'youngsters' on the scene for years.......and I'm waiting to have 'all' of the records! :D 

All the best,

P.s - If this film takes any longer, the people in it will be too old to play their parts! :lol: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Can you spot how many of those in the vid you helped train to dance? Kind of ironic isn't it :-)

I can spot None.

I didn't train anyone to dance either. I co-ordinated a monthly dance club where people came and shared a good time, music and experience much the same as we did , or i did, back in the mid 70's.

I think your using the word 'ironic' in the Alanis Morrissette way which is ironic, given that you were attempting to be ironic...   :hatsoff2:  :thumbsup:

Edited by paul-s
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!