The Entertainers - Lp's - Any Good ? / Current Prices ?

• Replies 4
  • Views 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes, got both those;

THE ENTERTAINERS

"THE ENTERTAINERS" (1983 H.M.C. LP)

(Prod. Alan Kaufman)

Best tracks - "Hot on a thang"/"Pour your little heart out"/"I'm leavin"/"I'm in love with you"

"DON'T LET YOUR LOVE GROW COLD" (1987 METRO LP)

(Prod. Tim Eaton)

Best tracks - "Let's make love"/"Do you like it baby?"/"Don't let your love grow cold"/"Baby I will"

The HMC LP is probably the best of the 2, being a little more soulful, my favourite track being the version of "Pour your little heart out". The other LP also has some nice moments, "Do you like it" is a remake of the Slave track of course, and "Let's make love" a good cover of the Jerry Butler Phil.Int. tune,. Current prices are about £100 for the HMC & £50 for the Metro one.

Social source share

The last year, the prices of the vinyls on ebay have been decreased.  A few years ago the vinyls were more expensive. There was a worldwide  promiscuity with music. Many people distribute music (mp3). This is my opinion.

Of course, I like the song "Do you like it baby" of the second album. As far as the first Lp, the best song is " I'm leavin ", which previously had been released as a single "I'm leaving" by Barry Duke. Barry Duke was a member of the group at that time.

https://souldennis.blogspot.gr/2011/05/barry-duke-im-leaving-1983.html

Here you can see the last album CD by The Entertainers.

https://www.theentertainersband.com/music.php

I want to note that I have two copies of the single "Do you like it baby / Let's make love" . One of them is a blue vinyl.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert