Ian Levine. Why So Disliked?

Drew3

This is a genuine question and not a prompt for someone to be rude and/or offensive about Ian Levine.

If the moderators/owners of this site feel that this post is not suitable then please feel free to remove it.

I have been following the discussions on this site for some time and have noticed the odd remark levelled at Ian Levine. Always seems to be a bit more behind the remarks than banter or mild critisism!

Seems he's to blame for everything from spoiling the chances of decent record hunting in the States to 9/11!

What has this guy done? :yes:

Of course I know who Ian Levine is and some of his history within the scene but I do not know him and he doesn't know that I exist.

I ask this as a punter and not someone on the scene ( DJ, collector, or promoter) who would know one way or another why there seems to be this dislike for him.

Once again, this is not a prompt to be abussive. I am genuinely interested.

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest andrew bin

This is a genuine question and not a prompt for someone to be rude and/or offensive about Ian Levine.

If the moderators/owners of this site feel that this post is not suitable then please feel free to remove it.

I have been following the discussions on this site for some time and have noticed the odd remark levelled at Ian Levine. Always seems to be a bit more behind the remarks than banter or mild critisism!

Seems he's to blame for everything from spoiling the chances of decent record hunting in the States to 9/11!

Of course I know who Ian Levine is and some of his history within the scene but I do not know him and he doesn't know that I exist.

I ask this as a punter and not someone on the scene ( DJ, collector, or promoter) who would know one way or another why there seems to be this dislike for him.

KTF.

Drew.

he once stole a pie out of my bag at the rocket, :yes: well he's getting the blame :yes:

Social source share

he once stole a pie out of my bag at the rocket, :yes:

:yes:

Yeah the bastard tried to sell it on to me, as an original 1960's detriot pie, looked abit like the pie from American Pie, it had a susspisious hole in it any way :yes:

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

KTF.

Drew.

you also forgot he was to blame for the Tsunami Asia after he did a belly flop in to the Thames on boxing day

any one who love Dr Who can't do wrong in my eyes :yes:

Social source share

With all due respect, I think this kind of post is neither pertinent, constructive nor of any real interest to this site, which is:

“Soul Source is an online rare and northern soul music magazine”

As you are inviting people to reply with their personal comments on Ian Levine i.e. reasons for disliking = negative comments, are you not inducing people to commit libel against him?

I for one, don’t want to see another thread about IL If you are IL, or acting on his behalf, take heart in the fact that a lot of people don’t like lots of people on the ‘scene’ A lot of people don’t like me, but I don’t a monkey’s arse!

Social source share

About a million years ago the mother of Ian's girlfriend (yes, girlfriend) said to me as she knitted and simultaneously watched TV, as only women of a certain age can do, "I think we have we have to trust you young people. You're not all bad, are you Billy? Ian was only saying to me last week: ' There's no need to worry about me getting your Sharon into trouble, Mrs Woman ,just because we come in late. There's nothing that we can't get up after 12 that we could get up to before 12 , is there?' ". The wise Ian was about 16 at the time, as was I. I had never met him. But I didn't like him.

Social source share

Guest miff

Take anyone else and give them the money he has had and all the oppertunitys that he has had and they would have done a better job. he has courted infamoury, and releished in its glory, he cares for no one but himself least of all the northern scene only taking out and puttig nothing back.

Hows thaat for starters and not one swear word in it

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Drew, i suggest you use the site's search facility. there are plenty of Ian Levine related threads. you are sure to find many opinions/facts/rumours etc about the man. :yes:

I don't think we need another Ian Levine thread. It usually ends up with the same half a dozen people saying the same things imo.

cheers

Shane

Social source share

As my last post seems to have got a few hairs standing up I'll qualify why I asked the question.

Not all of us have been right at the centre of the scene for the last 30 yrs + as many of the contribitors to this site have been.

Some of us are learning all the time.

I am nothing to do with Ian Levine.

Since being on the Net has enabled me to talk/read about NS and has increased my opportunities of hearing about things that I might otherwise have not heard about, my question was based solely on trying to understand an aspect of the scene (scene politics if you will) that I have sensed is around.

I am aware that posting such a question might have had a reaction but my intention I promise was to gain an understanding of something and not to 'muck rake' as it were.

Put it down to me being naive.

No sleep lost and as others have apptly said in the past "I'll get me coat on this one".

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Drew,

This forum is an excellent place to learn about the times you couldn't be there and the places you couldn't visit. Also, the net is unbelievable for hearing sounds you may not know, Soulclub and Nick R etc.

You keep asking the questions and posing the topics mate. We owe it to the "newer" or less experienced members, for coming on board and keeping this scene that belongs to all of us going into the future.

Thanks,

Brian B

Social source share

I'm a big fan of people who use the English language language in new and exciting ways. Quote from Miff on the locked IL topic:

Take anyone else and give them the money he has had and all the oppertunitys that he has had and they would have done a better job. he has courted infamoury, and releished in its glory, he cares for no one but himself least of all the northern scene only taking out and puttig nothing back.

Infamoury - my guess would be "infamous armoury". Quite brilliant in the context actually :thumbsup:

Godz

Social source share