News: Stockport - A New Record Shop Opening

Dave Raistrick's "Stars and Stripes" is opening a second location in Stockport

This is just off Underbank heading up to the Market Hall. It will be open from next week Thursday to Saturday 10am to 6pm.

I will be in the shop from tomorrow and have around 2000 soul albums plus 800 soul 45s to view. This is only the beginning of moving stock into the shop where we will be selling all kinds of soul music plus at a later stage non-soul product.

Mon-Wednesday visits can be arranged by telephoning 0161 917 3157 and arranging with myself.

ROD

member id modernsoulsucks

link to gogo googlemap

https://goo.gl/maps/qhDvp

Click here to view this soul source article in full

I hope the new venture goes well for you Rod!!  and look forward to having a trip over!! Good luck and best wishes John.

Social source share

NICE ONE ROD

GOOD LUCK

SID

Social source share

Looks like this is just around the corner from the old Ralphs record shop-----where a certain Mr Shard spent his formative years------when he should have been in school---tut tut. To the extent that the school accepted his sick notes signed by the guy behind the counter, believing it to be his mam's signature!!

Lucky for him he had a reliable fellow pupil to copy from---------------otherwise, instead of A levels Rod's only qualifications might have been a handful of TMG demos. (was looking for the scratching head icon;would have fitted in perfectly here 'cos thinking about it, maybe the demos would have served him better!)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Shouldn't be too difficult if Rod adopts his old Afflecks palace sales technique of leaving you in charge of the stall while he goes out for a fag. :thumbsup:

Thats fantastic for the record collector- and great that a new record shop has opened up -long may vinyl rule.....Spot on Jordi re Afflecks palace.......brought the memories flooding back....goood luck Dave and Rod ....

regards tfk

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thank you to everybody except Souljer6 whose recollections of our school years are somewhat distorted. For months I thought his first name was Xerox as he was always copying my extremely well-written essays. The fact that he was doing Economics and I was doing History didn't appear to occur to him. And his public school background  was a constant source of embarrassment.  Having a fag behind the bike sheds took on a whole new dimension where he was concerned. I didn't know where to look.

The shop is open but right now it is mainly albums with around 400 cheaper 45s. When Dave gets back from the USA the plan is to get a lot more 45s in there.

ROD

• Helpful 3
Social source share

hope its a great success,would love a shop by me like this,theres something special about goin through loads of soul vinyl actually with your hands as opposed to reading lists of the internet,i would be in there every chance i got,good luck guys

jason

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick progress report on the shop.

It is beginning to pick up particularly as regards album and 12" sales.

The 45s comprise a smaller selection but as the Skegness shop shuts at the end of this month there will be a large influx of 45s coming in soon. From £5 and up.

To give some idea today I added Lorraine Chandler, Pete Warner, Larry Brown, Billy Watkins, Joanne Baker, Styles, Hattie Winston, Themes, Bobby Paris, James Walsh and a few others. All originals of course.

I'd like to thank all the people who have been down so far. Your custom is really appreciated.

Thanks

ROD

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 months later...

Dont have a wasted journey! It appears the Shop has now closed which is a shame.  :(  Went there yesterday & there was just an empty unit! Maybe someone can enlighten us as to when & why it has closed & whether it may reappear at a new location at some point in the future.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!