Are You A Paranoid D.j?

Len

there was this lad...he would have been about 12/13...he came to doo's with his dad and DJ'd at Soul Nights with him. I was so impressed....I gave him a spot at our All Nighter...!! He did 3 of his records during my spot...prime time...and ROCKED THE HOUSE!!! A super occasion and deserving. He came from Market Harborough...Len???!! Who was he...Pete was his dad I think???!!

LUV

SOOTY

X

Lee Jeffries from Leicester mate - His dad is Steve. Yes a nice lad, he also did Cleethorpes when they had that really small modern room upstairs. It was a good move putting him on at the Ely Alnighter - He even 'upstaged' you mate! :D 

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Guest Ethan McDermott

How did you join Ewan ?

we do have a 16 and over only policy on here

if you joined via your facebook login then chance you may have missed this

sorry to say but am going to have to close your account shortly due to this policy

I'm not being check mike as I was not brought up like this but I was not told any rules or anything and when I put my b/day into the site it was accepted, most sites have a minimum age for inputting your year, you site does not do this. I suggest you do this so when other young people try to join they cant so their account cant be deleted and make then very very upset. as you are about with mine and as you already HAVE.

So you have a under 16 policy? Well I think this is wrong as all soulies like to see young one into this music and especially djing at this age. I think this is wrong as many people when they find out how old I am are shocked and pleased and always say something like " in a few yeas time you'll be pushing me in my wheelchair ha-ha" or " you are a very mature young adult and I hope you are accepted any where and everywhere on the soul scene"(obviously not).

Also to any people who I was meant to be buying records off will you email me at ethanjmcdermott@gmail.com. regards Ethan..

Well anyway when I am old enough to come back onto this website I wont and I will also be telling people about how this site does have an under 16 policy but every under 16 is accepted anywhere else. but I bid my fare well. Thought I would have been accepted but I wasn't so.. I hope your lives are good to you all you lovely people who have supported me:)

Social source share

thanks for your reply Ethan
when you joined you should have been asked this question

Soul Source has an over 16 years old member policy
Please confirm that you are over 16 by typing "yes" in the box below

thats the way its been for a fair few years now

ta

mike

Social source share

I'm not being check mike as I was not brought up like this but I was not told any rules or anything and when I put my b/day into the site it was accepted, most sites have a minimum age for inputting your year, you site does not do this. I suggest you do this so when other young people try to join they cant so their account cant be deleted and make then very very upset. as you are about with mine and as you already HAVE.

So you have a under 16 policy? Well I think this is wrong as all soulies like to see young one into this music and especially djing at this age. I think this is wrong as many people when they find out how old I am are shocked and pleased and always say something like " in a few yeas time you'll be pushing me in my wheelchair ha-ha" or " you are a very mature young adult and I hope you are accepted any where and everywhere on the soul scene"(obviously not).

Also to any people who I was meant to be buying records off will you email me at ethanjmcdermott@gmail.com. regards Ethan..

Well anyway when I am old enough to come back onto this website I wont and I will also be telling people about how this site does have an under 16 policy but every under 16 is accepted anywhere else. but I bid my fare well. Thought I would have been accepted but I wasn't so.. I hope your lives are good to you all you lovely people who have supported me:)

11.57pm on a school night?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

umm...doesnt read like a 13 year olds writing...my girlfriend teachers teens and ive seen some of their....scribble

anyway if you are 13,at first i thought it would be a bit harsh to delete your account  but to be honest there are things on here sometimes you shouldnt read....but then again you dont have to be a member to read em do ya..i dunno

keep on djing mate,whatever you do with ss in the future!

dean

Social source share

Guest Seagrave

11.57pm on a school night?

It's the north east Joan. Don't need to go to skewl.

Just need to know where to get a free tab, how to punch a police horse, whether your mate's whippet managed to have a good crap before running in the 3.30, when to nick copper from the Metro line, which slapper with corned-beef legs you've got up the duff, and, not entirely coincidentally, where the clinics, bookies and cop shops are.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

LEEEE!!! I remember now...and his Dad Steve....both good dancers as well!!x I have seen a Steve Jefferies name on the forum....is that the same one?! Luvly fella and one of the friendly dealers for vinyl at the time and always made time to say hello and have a chat. Super stuff...and it was a pleasure to support and encourage his lad.

If you look at the pic Len...it was that very night...and there is Lee with his back to us red stripey jumper...and his Dad is the fella in blue I think!x

maltings.jpg

There's Paul from Northampton at the front left! Now...this night was another 'big' night for a more nervous DJ than Lee!!! His first ever spot at a nighter......found languishing in a den being battered by the North Sea rather than storming the Northern scene North and South as he deserved......so we put it right............and shipped him to where he shudda been.....he went kicking and screaming wiv sweat pouring throughout.....but he flew his flag.....and inspired a whole new wave..........

shiftya.jpg

Shifty's 'launch'!!! Water was running off his arms....amazing!!hehe!x I watched the interview I did with him in 2003 for the DVD in recent weeks whilst editing it...and 10 years after this night....he was still saying it was his most memorable and enjoyable night!x Happy days....and in his excitement....he forgot his name....! Look at the flyer we all signed Len!!! No Shifty on it.....'Alan Neal'...before he got 'faaamuus'!!! Did he send you any dosh or flowers or owt as a fank u Len for giving him a life??? Royalties???? Me neiver......pah.....youffs...!x Perhaps we'll get squillions for the pre famous siggy???!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

maltingsa.jpg

I have always encouraged the young/new coming through in life in whatever subject it may be. Never 'sat' on it as if that or 'we' are 'it'. That's when life get's boring or complacent. The Northern scene has always been about surprise...excitement...a buzz....uplifting....a soulful experience. It was to me. I want to pass that on where possible. Shifty needed encouraging. Nobody was 'bothered' at the time about him...or any of us!! Look at the 1st all nighter we put together.....9 seperate Soul Clubs represented....13 DJ's involved....yet only me...and i think Kev Fev...had been the only ones to have done a spot at a nighter before! I can't remember if this was your first proper A/N either Len??? Several DJ's who came through my 'school of thought' as such will vouch for my approach as the only way forward. Shifty's input in the scene with hindsight along with Len's and others whom I could name who got 'exposure' through our mutual approach has been fantastic....and all there to see and recall.

I was not alone in that philosophy. Ady Croasdell...Mick Lyons....Pete who ran Winsford...Richard at The Ritz all had a similar approach....or I would never have had the chance to share my passion and music either with you all. I haven't changed in that philosophy or approach in life. It appears to be paying dividends. Who knows where the next Lee...or Shifty.....is going to come from???.....perhaps this one is on the right track.....and i'm sure he won't mind me publishing it as there is nothing to hide....

received by E-mail this morning...before he left for school...i gather!x

----- Original Message -----
 ethanjmcdermott@gmail.com

To:
"sooty@matso.tv"
Cc:

Sent:
Wed, 15 May 2013 06:29:22 +0000
Subject:

HELLO SOOTY, this is ethan, I got quite upset when mike said that, as most soulies love having us youngins talk. but that comment that you put on put a smile on my face,i am only on there to put want lists on, and the only reason I commented on that was because it was a feature story..

I have been on soul source since I was 12....... and about the records, that would be amazing just let me know wich ones as I am also going to buy some of soul source and yeah I will definatly play them thanks for that message as it certainly made me smile

----------------------------------------------
I will reply to him personally as from now on it' s our business. But publicly...i'll say this...Ethan...u messed up mate...for yourself!x If u ain't have said about your age....which you should be proud of...then u wouldn't be stuffed!x So...sort your life out....and get 'street wise'! How can you play the music from the Streets...if you ain't got it in your streak??! Urban??? Coooome on. You're different to all your mates b'cos of your music interests i'm sure. HARD CORE. But...you need to carry that positive difference into the rest of your life too! It's different to be among adults at your age.....so u gotta be different to a 13 year old to deal with it!x So no more grassing ureself up....and certainly less of ure attitude towards the mods who have rules to uphold! Yep...those in charge in life could be more friendlier and stuff! But some Policeman...Traffic Wardens...and Teachers ain't 'happy wiv it' either....so you'll come across it mate!x BUT....u invited him into your life....DEAL WITH IT!!!!x I will get an email back to you for when you come back home. No more 'chat' on 'ere ok!x
@@
~
SORTED...X

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Blimey Sooty!.........No, I didn't come from your 'Stables' I'm afraid mate :D - The Leicester All-nighter was the first time I D.Jed at an all-nighter (just before Derek Alan, bless him) It was waaaaaaay before your time :rofl: ........Hey, have always appreciated being involved in your 'Roller Coaster Ride' though :yes:........I think we 'bonded' when we 'bumped' into each other at The Keele All-nighter (literally) whilst we were both giving out flyers - we laughed, exchanged flyers, soon realising we had given each other the same flyer! (The Eely All-nighter) :lol: 

......Not forgetting those 'infamous' Mini Bus trips - Jeeze, put some petrol in next time, rather than risk actually running out completely as we pull up at the garage! :wink:  :D

Oy Sooty - Back 'on topic' please! :D.......and stop leaving those huge spaces, it looks like the top of your posts are the final post! :excl: 

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: (From a different stable) :D 

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!