Issues You've Never Seen ( Because They Don't Exist? )

don't know if this is a subject that's been studied before, at the weekend baz maleedy played me a copy of a beat ballad by bobby hendricks on cub which dosn't appear on anyone's lists, whereas the mgm release does, that despite cub being an mgm subsidiary. this anomaly must apply to lots of things...for instance, the earl jackson & yum yums issued turned up about 10 years ago and they both, had never been seen before, thought not to actually exist.....so does an issue of say, holly st james exist?.

Social source share

Jimmy Hart Teahouse (mercury).

Never see one of those anywhere, not saying they are not out there, an issue must be v v rare though.

Aid.

yep remember a few years ago getting outbid on an issue, not seen one since though

great tune btw

russ

Social source share

Never see one of those anywhere, not saying they are not out there, an issue must be v v rare though.

Aid.

I actually have seen more stock copies in real life but popsike proves you to be correct. there is a stock copy in popsike if you want to see it though.

Social source share

I actually have seen more stock copies in real life but popsike proves you to be correct. there is a stock copy in popsike if you want to see it though.

Hi Bob,

Just done a search, only WLD coming up at this end, dont know if thats cos im in the U.K. or something?, 6 retrieved.

What colour is the issue out of interest?

Aid

Social source share

Guest giant

Aid.

Hi Aid 

i have the red issue mint -  as well   :thumbup:

Social source share

Collected stock copies for many years. Managed to obtain some very nice ones, as has been said the yum, yums and holy stjames never came my way, but things like Dana vallery, Freddie Chavez, did eventually do so. Oh and could never get a Jd martin, which I saqw on here for the first time last year, and of course Sam Williams, which is supposed to exist but ive never seen one??

• Helpful 3
Social source share

holly st james does exist,,,had it in my hands at warrington parr hall...£12..but seen a demo for a tenner same night,,,,,rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

very surprised mark, never heard any mention of it on here either, all the talk as you remember in recent years, was about the two i previously mentioned, then out of the blue they both turned up....proving you can never say NEVER...would love to see a scan of holly st james though...

Social source share

anyone seen an issue of Tom Green on Evolution with Endless Confusion on?

i had the action release, which has just recently been promoted to an auction item, care of jm, but on evolution...do you mean a u.k. release or did it get issued in the states?

Social source share

i had the action release, which has just recently been promoted to an auction item, care of jm, but on evolution...do you mean a u.k. release or did it get issued in the states?

yes theres double sided demos of the other side on US Evolution....but i havent seen a US issue (or demo)...with Endless Confusion on.....

Social source share

didnt you once sell a issue of dean courtney on mgm...now that is a flippin rare un'

Yeah I sold it to Mick Smith - well I traded it - £1200 worth of swaps I think it was.  And he still complained, as always  :lol:

Makes me laugh because in every price guide it has a very low price (£450 in the latest one) but very few people have actually ever seen a copy in the flesh.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Sam Williams red issue defo exists as i bought one about 86' ish again at Warrington Parr Hall off of Richard Shaw, £40 notes.

What about never seen demo's??

Never seen a Cobblestone demo.

dazz

Red Daz?  Tower issues are brown...

Social source share

Collected stock copies for many years. Managed to obtain some very nice ones, as has been said the yum, yums and holy stjames never came my way, but things like Dana vallery, Freddie Chavez, did eventually do so. Oh and could never get a Jd martin, which I saqw on here for the first time last year, and of course Sam Williams, which is supposed to exist but ive never seen one??

Have you got one now Harry ?

My mate has just picked one up in the states, he's home on 25th May, I know it's for sale.  :yes:

Social source share

The issue of Troy Keyes See No Evil/You rescued Me On Time on Chumley is said to exist and there's one reference on a Japanese web site, but no picture. I'd like to see that one.

Would love for someone to pop up with an issue of Joe Anderson You Gotta Believe, now that would be a find.

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Junior McCants- Try Me For Your New Love, and Darrell Banks- Open The Door To Your Heart on UK London are usually confirmed as no known issue. Assume this is still the case. Both have a good explanation for this,so must be a safe bet for non existing  issue copies.

Never seen Holly St James on issue, unfortunately seen demos and even worse, heard it.

Rick

Social source share

Dana Valery "Interest" was one I never thought existed , but a few have turned up in recent years.

Surprisingly, her other two US Columbia records are much harder to locate as red issues, but as many folks are only are interested in "Interest", the rarity of the other two is unappreciated.

To this day, I have never seen a red "Having You Around" / "Zabadack" (only Canadian orange release)

I have a longstanding want for this on US Issue, and would love to be proved wrong, but I don't think it was released.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Honestly I am so colour blind, I always have been, but I seriously have always thought tower issues were red ffs!!!

Don't ever let me near a plug!!!

Dazz

UK Capitol had a Tower offshoot in the late 70's and they were definitely red so you may not be as bad as you think!

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

I'm a bit of an issue anorak too - managed to get Yum Yums, Earl Jackson, Patti & Emblems, August & Deneen, Willie Hutch etc but never knew about Sam WIlliams or Holly St James.  What about John Leach or Lou Ragland?

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Guest paul ledden

Was the VELOURS issue a rare one once over? allways remember some mates going nuts when I got that one. Also HONEST TO GOODNESS & JUDY FREEMAN, took some finding back then.

I have the Velours (I'm Gonna Change) on the Black Issue MGM......several people have tried to tell me that it doesn't exist!!!!

Social source share

I have the Velours (I'm Gonna Change) on the Black Issue MGM......several people have tried to tell me that it doesn't exist!!!!

Bizarre why would they say that, it was never considered 'that' rare until a few years back.  I've had two, maybe three.  Well I've had all the MGM's on stock copies.  RCA's, a different matter.

Social source share

Guest paul ledden

Bizarre why would they say that, it was never considered 'that' rare until a few years back.  I've had two, maybe three.  Well I've had all the MGM's on stock copies.  RCA's, a different matter.

Probably because they know how gullible I am...... :yes:  

Social source share

No it is rare but it's only as rare as the Carol & Gerri, Charades issues.  Bloody nice though.

I don't think the Charades on issue is that rare. They used to sell stock copies for a quid apiece on Bradford Market back in the day. Probably all in collections these days but deffo not one of the rare ones IMO.......

Ian D  :D

Social source share

I'm a bit of an issue anorak too - managed to get Yum Yums, Earl Jackson, Patti & Emblems, August & Deneen, Willie Hutch etc but never knew about Sam WIlliams or Holly St James.  What about John Leach or Lou Ragland?

Cheers

Pete

Lou Ragland on Amy, I've got a pink issue.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest paul ledden

Can we get some scans up? Of the ones that DO exist of course

Oh alright then....thought you'd never ask....... :lol:  :lol:  :thumbup:

post-30233-0-64335400-1368646379_thumb.j

Think this one is very rare as an issue too........

post-30233-0-79621000-1368646519_thumb.j

Edited by Paul1958
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!