Issues You've Never Seen ( Because They Don't Exist? )

The scan for Issue of Jay D Martin was not very good...any better ones on offer

Also like to see Sam Williams ISSUE also...

My rarest ISSUE Toby Legend Time Will Pass You By Mala Blue now in dave thorleys hands,,,,,,i had one 30 years ago i sold to Tony Worrot and first one i saw since then on JM's auction which i won....more expensive than what i paid 30 years ago..

snooky

Social source share

My rarest ISSUE Toby Legend Time Will Pass You By Mala Blue now in dave thorleys hands,,,,,,i had one 30 years ago i sold to Tony Worrot and first one i saw since then on JM's auction which i won....more expensive than what i paid 30 years ago..

snooky

The first copy I ever saw back in 1972 was a blue issue (I'm not sure but I think it may have been Howard Earnshaw's). There were a few around initially and then it all seemed to be yellow promos after that.......

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

The scan for Issue of Jay D Martin was not very good...any better ones on offer

Also like to see Sam Williams ISSUE also...

snooky

Tobi Legend ! One of the top guys, may have been Ginger but don't quote me, recently had his Blue Issue broken in half !! Ouch

Social source share

Not to my knowledge, but then I've not seen Clyde McPhatter "Lonely People" on a blue either and they're from the same time frame.

Both use the 'demo' labels for issues..another one, forgot the artist, "Only love can save me now" (Al something) is the same

Social source share

Thought this was rare as an issue (Jerry ganey - You Don't Love Me, MGM) then after JM auctioned one about 4 or 5 went through ebay in quick succession (same seller I think) so maybe not as rare as thought. Image isn't mine, just for interest.

post-5677-0-41798100-1368700657_thumb.jp

Thanks for the other scans/pics, I do enjoy looking at the labels.

As others mentioned, I won't believe a Holly St James until I see it! 

Social source share

Pete, it went through eBay last year twice !! £100 or so unsold, but went for more on the relist. I wanted it but forgot it the first time round, and got outbid the second time. Would still like one now ... anybody ??

That was like that Dean Courtney MGM issue - nobody went for it except me, I got it for a ludicrous price but it was there for everyone to see, I think I sniped about $400 and got it for $60.  Something like that.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thought this was rare as an issue (Jerry ganey - You Don't Love Me, MGM) then after JM auctioned one about 4 or 5 went through ebay in quick succession (same seller I think) so maybe not as rare as thought. Image isn't mine, just for interest.

attachicon.gifmgm13697.jpg

I think I believe the Holly St James now after seeing August & Deneen, Yum Yums, earl jackson - all of these were thought not to exist at one time not so long ago

• Helpful 1
Social source share

attachicon.gifmgm13697.jpg

hi dean - trust me its out there mate ....... :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Tobi Legend ! One of the top guys, may have been Ginger but don't quote me, recently had his Blue Issue broken in half !! Ouch

yes, was a very unfortunate incident at the tower last november...however there has since been a happy outcome...he's replaced it with another one,...courtesy of me!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Whoah.  Now that really has stopped me in my tracks.  Thanks Mick.

I have an A&D issue too Pete but I think it's right up there in the Rocking Horse Shit bracket.

Another hard issue which I managed to acquire last year is Otis Blackwell on Epic - although mine has a DJ sticker on so technically it doesn't count.

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Just thought of another - Danny Monday.  Seem to recall seeing one for sale donkey's years ago..... scan anyone?

Pete

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Yeah I've had the demo - never had an issue - but aren't you answering your own question?

Yes I have the r/w demo but have never seen a red issue in the flesh, however I do believe they exist.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

anyone seen a  NIGHT WATCH ISSUE!!

Snapped a demo in two on a trip to the States way back so less people would have to suffer this crap....  :lol:

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

had an issue of larry clinton. i heard it was pretty rare. got it off a guy who had problems with a vet.issues......... been collecting them for years, up graded a peter jarrett that i never knew and a lonely crowde. a bob walker is a hard one too, probably the hardest on the label. i eventually got an issue of the duck but when it arrived it was f@#cked, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ANYONE GOT A KING GEORGE.

Social source share

had an issue of larry clinton. i heard it was pretty rare. got it off a guy who had problems with a vet.issues......... been collecting them for years, up graded a peter jarrett that i never knew and a lonely crowde. a bob walker is a hard one too, probably the hardest on the label. i eventually got an issue of the duck but when it arrived it was f@#cked, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ANYONE GOT A KING GEORGE.

King George on RCA issue?  Had one last year, no takers.  Might still be able to get that actually, it was a commission sale so gave it back to the owner.

* I apologise, it did sell, except I've removed the sale price for some reason!

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

I've got both King George's on RCA black issues. So Long Johnny and I'm gonna be somebody someday.

You see the IGBSS issues occasionally , but so Long Johnny is very hard I think; Tim Brown also collected the black issues and told me he'd never seen one before.

The Pageants - are you ever coming home and the Insiders- I'm only a man are difficult to get hold of.

Neil

Social source share

I've got both King George's on RCA black issues. So Long Johnny and I'm gonna be somebody someday.

You see the IGBSS issues occasionally , but so Long Johnny is very hard I think; Tim Brown also collected the black issues and told me he'd never seen one before.

The Pageants - are you ever coming home and the Insiders- I'm only a man are difficult to get hold of.

Neil

Never seen a Pageants. Think I've got Insiders, or had it recently.

Social source share

i have held 2 issues of JD Martin in my grubby mitts at same time, both belonged to same fella (not anymore)

seen a Sam Williams issue & was told by a dealer that he knows of but can't get his hands on it an Anderson Bros issue but until i see it !!

Anyone ever seen a Rosebuds WDJ ?? (not the red one Daz lol)

Ian.

Social source share

Yes, Danny Monday on a red Modern stock copy exists.

Patti & Emblems on a Congress red stocker doesn't come along often either!

Edited by Flynny
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!