Issues You've Never Seen ( Because They Don't Exist? )

I have never seen a Chubby Checker "You Just Don't Know" on USA Parkway issue.

"Let Me Make You Happy"  Billy Woods.  Coloured Sussex demos as far as I know!

"Ever Again" - Bernie Williams - Bell issue?

Social source share

Basically this topic is about issues you don't see very often, not issues that doesn't exist, is that correct?  I don't think I've heard or read of one that doesn't exist yet unless I missed the post?

i meant the "dosn't exist?" as i said it, to establish if anyone knows the validity of issue's, that basically applies to anything, but there are,as we all know certain items which were believed not to and have, in the course of time, turned up, quite all-of-a-sudden. it possibly also follows that there are things we still don't know that exist but in collections of people who maybe have nothing to do with the scene at all e.g. deep collectors, doowop collectors etc. i know it's stating the obvious, but it's great that we still want to learn things and pass it on, keep digging for the truth. yes it's also about issues that are known about but have been seen by so few people, they've been forgotten about, so naturally it can be assumed, mistakenly, that  they don't exist. i'm pretty sure tim brown auctioned an issue of bernie williams last year, just for the record. it would also be interesting to hear what people think about the chubby checker, as mentioned, particularly the label design...half moon or hexagonal?...assuming it exists. :g: , personally, will never forget when i first set eyes on the earl jackson issue, garry field had aqquired it and bought it with him to colne municipal in a small box of sales, must have been 2003 and this was just legend at the time!.

Edited by AGENTSMITH
Social source share

Basically this topic is about issues you don't see very often, not issues that doesn't exist, is that correct?  I don't think I've heard or read of one that doesn't exist yet unless I missed the post?

Chalky - my post #28 said this :D :

If we are talking does not exist as issue:

Precisions - Sugar Ain't Sweet (Drew)

Edwin Starr - Scott's On Swingers (Ric-Tic)

Social source share

Chalky - my post #28 said this :D :

If we are talking does not exist as issue:

Precisions - Sugar Ain't Sweet (Drew)

Edwin Starr - Scott's On Swingers (Ric-Tic)

these are examples we would all agree on yes?, and there are probably more, but the probability of finding others that we still haven't seen, is very real, this has been born out in recent years......you can never say absolutely never.

Social source share

"Let Me Make You Happy"  Billy Woods.  Coloured Sussex demos as far as I know!

Has Pete french got an issue of Bernie Williams

Social source share

"Let Me Make You Happy" Billy Woods. Coloured Sussex demos as far as I know!

I don't think "You Just Don't Know" is out there as a Stock Copy.

However ;

Just when you think that it isn't there, a copy turns up.

Or in this case, a copy for each coast. I've only ever seen them via the Scans below.

This one certainly exists on a Stock Copy, but where are they and why are they so Rare ?

Chubby Checker was the Big Name at the Label via the Various Dance Craze related singles.

How come his Later singles reached the Promotion stage and  then shelved / virtually shelved.

The UK Obviously had the go ahead for "You Just Don't Know" to be released.

It just adds to the puzzle regarding the U.S.A. release.

EAST COAST :

www.PopSike.com

200090319018.jpg

WEST COAST :

www.PopSike.com

380389375947.jpg

Social source share

I don't think "You Just Don't Know" is out there as a Stock Copy.

However ;

Just when you think that it isn't there, a copy turns up.

Or in this case, a copy for each coast. I've only ever seen them via the Scans below.

This one certainly exists on a Stock Copy, but where are they and why are they so Rare ?

Chubby Checker was the Big Name at the Label via the Various Dance Craze related singles.

How come his Later singles reached the Promotion stage and  then shelved / virtually shelved.

The UK Obviously had the go ahead for "You Just Don't Know" to be released.

It just adds to the puzzle regarding the U.S.A. release.

EAST COAST :

www.PopSike.com

200090319018.jpg

WEST COAST :

www.PopSike.com

380389375947.jpg

great scans!, who would have dreamed of that?, possibly speaking for the majority of folks other than the exceptional collectors. at some point parkway must have decided to cut their costs as their commercial hits dwindled because the coloured issues also doubled up as demo's...is that the wrong train of thinking?...they had two pressing plants, perhaps one had more clout with the radio stations so still sent out white demo's...it''s confusing!,...my cameo demo of deep, dark secret is actually the stock label issue ( black/red/white cameo ) the label on the b-side is totally blank, no printing at all, so that one should have been binned!. i think the rareity probably speaks for itself, by the time of this, and many other releases, parkway were in dire financial straits, they were desperate for one big hit, which never came...they turned to the black music bandwagon after their disasterous court case over the beatles hurt them so bad...the irony is cameo-parkway releases from that era onwards became one of our most staple collectables, so many desirable records...the material coming out of the south street studio's was fantastic...without doubt the company's greatest attribute for which we should be thankful. it spawned a host of philadelphian talent who went on to better things elsewhere, primarily with gamble & huff. at the end of the day,...it's such a great label to look at, in both formats, it's northern soul history in a nutshell!.

Edited by AGENTSMITH
Social source share

King George on RCA issue?  Had one last year, no takers.  Might still be able to get that actually, it was a commission sale so gave it back to the owner.

* I apologise, it did sell, except I've removed the sale price for some reason!

I now have another black stock copy of King George for sale if anyone interested

Social source share

There's some copies with a different label design to the norm, but can't remember if these are also demo's or not

I've seen three variants, but all demos: West Coast blue label demo ( the most common!), West Coast WD and the blue label with 'star' design. Stunning track that still does it for me...fab swinging flip side as well.

:)

Social source share

Do blue issues exist though Tony?

Does exist. I've seen it some 15 years ago or so at a Belgian pop-corn collector's hoie who used to have few good contacts in the United States. I know he paid some good money for it. He didn't tell me how much back then since I didn't ask him. It was the blue plastic label. So it does exist defo. Now he got most his collection stolen few years after that and he became bitter and suspicious about many people on and from the pop-corn scene. I can't say if he still has it or not. And I don't feel confortable asking him if that one was stolen or not to provide a scan of it. It must still hurt him I believe. He had about 10.000 OVO 45's and about 7.000 were stolen !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!