• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi all looking for the following if anyone can help

Village Choir - sweet hot lips (NYC Street) 12" or 45"

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Aitor

Hi Aitor,

There is one in the sales section posted by Mike 22nd May. (Anglo American sales). The flip is listed so it might be worth checking that it's not a promo with the same song on both sides, otherwise it should have "Sweet hot lips" on the other side. Great track!!

161 VILLAGE CHOIR ALONG THE BEACH NYC Street Sound 1000 M- £250

Jordi

Social source share

Guest Aitor

Jordi

Hi Jordi,

Many thanks for your help.

Is that the going rate for the 45 ?? I saw a couple of times the 12" on ebay going for 50 - 60 gbp.

I think I should look for the 12 insted of the 45.

By the way how is the song Along the beach ??

Social source share

Jordi

Hi Jordi,

Many thanks for your help.

Is that the going rate for the 45 ?? I saw a couple of times the 12" on ebay going for 50 - 60 gbp.

I think I should look for the 12 insted of the 45.

By the way how is the song Along the beach ??

Aitor,

£250 for the 45 is a good price. The 12" is cheaper but there is a long drawn out guitar solo in it and quite a bit of repetition. The 45 is a lot better IMHO. "Along the beach" is OK in a cheesy kind of way and has a good atmosphere about it that would appeal to Northern soul fans, but it's nowhere near as good as Sweet Hot Lips. You don't get this flip on the 12".

Jordi

Social source share

Guest Aitor

Hi there Aitor

You want the mauve label not the red one - the mix is better on the mauve copies.

All the best.

Steve

Thank you Jordi and Steve.

:rolleyes:

Best

Aitor

Social source share

Aitor,

£250 for the 45 is a good price. The 12" is cheaper but there is a long drawn out guitar solo in it and quite a bit of repetition. The 45 is a lot better IMHO. "Along the beach" is OK in a cheesy kind of way and has a good atmosphere about it that would appeal to Northern soul fans, but it's nowhere near as good as Sweet Hot Lips. You don't get this flip on the 12".

Jordi

Hi Jords

As owner of the paultry 12" (finally!) i have to say i love the extra bits in the song and imho doesn't have that much repetition and the guitar solo is pretty dinky and doesn't detract when it's played out.

Mind you if i had the purple 45 i'd probably be saying what you're saying whistling.gif

Great track either way mate and one i first heard played at The Orwell by this Catalonian with fabulous taste :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share