Salmon-Dave Simpson-Funeral

Hi All,

Just got the details for Salmons farewell.

Next Wednesday 22nd May

Rochdale Cemetary

Bury Road

Rochdale

OL11 4DG.

time is 1.40.

From the M62 Motorway exit the motorway Junction 20 follow Signs for Rochdale you are on the A627M after half a mile you will arrive at a roundabout take first left onto Edinburgh Way after a further half a mile you will arrive at traffic lights straight across onto Roch Valley way. Continue straight on this road for about a mile you will arrive at a set of traffic lights, turn left into Bury Road. Rochdale Cemetery and Crematorium is on the Right hand side of the Road.

Afterwards on to Rochdale Catholic Club for a swift half or three, Steve will be putting his system in so if anyone wants to play a few to see him off properly you'd be more than welcome.

More Later.

Tony

Edited by Citizen P
Social source share

Just a quick line to get this back up for any that haven't seen it..

Salmons Funeral Next Wednesday at Rochdale Cemetery, followed by a gathering at Rochdale Catholic Club.

Decks will be on hand for any one that would like to spin a few in his memory...

Social source share

I certainly want to be there but, hard as I've tried, have a work commitment I can't get out of. Feel bloody awful but nothing else I can do :(

I'll be there in spirit at least x

No worries Phil.

Maybe see you at 45 Revolutions fot the second half 

Social source share

Sorry we can't be there, we have to be in Bradford to Take Lou's Dad for an Hospital Appointment.

Hey up you two - blimey I'll be in downtown Rochdale and you'll be over in sunny Bradford, we'll probably pass en-route somewhere on the M62....

Oh and can ya take mi dog for a walk whilst you're over in Bradders. Please. Ta.

derek x

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest frenchie

Sad but great send off.

Caught up with some old friends. again sadly at a funeral.

Salmon would not of believed the turn out, or think he was quite this popular! But he was, and tributes paid to him were heartfelt.

Gone but never forgotten mate.

Stu and Penny

x

Social source share

Glad to hear Salmon got the send of you all wanted for him....X One of my happiest gigs the Hollinwood Club and went whenever asked....super folk and nights....X Amother livly guy was Dave Boycott... We stayed friends long after I quit DJing on the scene and up until his early untimely death whilst abroad. If Salmon went to the Hollinwood....then we met as such. I hope so because at least then I had a chance to make a night 'happy' for him and his own too........X 

LUV
SOOTY

X

blackpool.jpg

...The last time we were together after i'd left DJing on the Northern scene before Dave was killed....a private party in Blackpool with a 60's theme!! 11 hours we went non stop.....a happy night! He always kept me on me toes at A/Nighters....and if Salmon was of his ilk and approach to life....then i'm sorry we never met as we;d have got on no probs...X. Rest in Soul Heaven both of them....X I hope Jonas still having a go!x If Salmons folk are the same kind as what was at Hollinwood....then as said....i'd beg to come and do something to raise money for a good cause that his family see fit.....anytime!x 07521042699...we all need time out to enjoy life.....whilst we still can....I have no excuses for not.....I don't believe your end has either....let's do it.......X Nice to hear form you too Billy....X

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Many,Many Thanks to all that turned up to see Salmon off on his final journey.

We think he would of approved of the sounds played later on, we played a good few that he put us on to,or sold us or as even gave to us.

Thanks to Tony Mac-Grant and Steve Henderson for entertaining us

And BIG thanks to Pez for organising-you remain a STAR  :hatsoff2:

Now a quick reminder that our next 45 Revolutions will be a benefit and remembrance night for Salmon, all monies raised going to the fund, hope some of you can join us

ATB

Tony

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Me and Joyann been to The Etihad Stadium this afternoon to take the flowers and they have welcomed Salmon's name and it stands proudly in the memorial garden hopefully for a few weeks.That you for everyone who contributed to it.

Edited by wayoutgirl
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

• 10 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!