Intentions,mandells,carpets,summits?

im confused,what is the connection with this lot...intentions-i just cant win-moneytown,is this the same as the carpets and mandells,the mandells is on moneytown too!..now also the intentions-ugly girl/love is blind-moneytown...this sounds similar to a record i have on united international by the summits called toy soldiers and the b side is also called love is blind...can all these groups be actually one group?

Edited by dobber
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I've listened to both several times.  I don't believe that's the same backing track-but it's the same song musically.  It also reminds me a LOT like a song by The Vibrations on Checker (was it "Dancin' Danny"?)

The Summits sound a little like The Intensions.  But I don't believe they have all the same members.  I don't think that the lead singers are the same.  Weren't The Mandells on Moneytown the same Mandells on Trans World Sound?  I don't think they were The Summits or The Intensions.  Bob A. should be able to clear this up.

Social source share

there are no connections between the groups except for working with george redmond. the intensions and mandells are from the west side of chicago. the summits are from the south side of chicago. the carpets are from kansas city.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a You-Tube comment by the sister of one of The Summits (Melanie Lockhart), after she found out that the backing track was used for The Intensions' record"

"Hi. I'm Mauriuz's sister, Melanie. My father just told me about the recording by the Intentions after another member of the Summits arrived back from Las Vegas. Boy was he angry! He came to find out, while out there, that Redmon had used the backing from this song. My father went on to say that THe Intentions used the track of the song, while the Summits recorded this very song, with the band. This goes to show what happens when studios have ownership of music. So..no we have NO relation to 'em."

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!