Levi 501 Adverts

:hatsoff2: HI ALL REMEMBER BACK TO THE START OF THE 1980's? You could not get hold of a new pair of SRINK TO FIT LEVI 501 JEANS, for your life, until DAVID BOWIE used LEVIS to sponsor his latest tour,

As the market for jeans had dropped of since it's heyday of 1971, when every thing was DENIM,

LEVIS RELAUNCHED 501 JEANS, With the iconic launderette scene, and then kept the theme going until...

Well i'm not sure when, also not sure of how many records were used on 501 adverts,

In no particular order these are the ones I own, :-

MUDDY WATERS - MANNISH BOY - MUD1

EDDIE COCHRAN - C'MON EVERYBODY - LIBERTY 501

B.B.KING - AIN'T NOBODY HOME - MCA 1354.

BAD COMPANY - CAN'T GET ENOUGH - ATLANTIC-7954.

PERCY SLEDGE - WHEN A MAN LOVES A WOMAN - ATLANTIC YZ96.

SAM COOKE - WONDERFUL WORLD - RCA  PB49871.

BEN E KING - STAND BY ME - ATLANTIC 9361.

MARVIN GAYE - I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE - MOTOWN ZB4071.

OK I am aware these records don' have value above 99p, but in there own way make collecting fun & cheap.

Any info on this subject or indeed advertising associated with this product, I would be interested in,

:thumbsup: AS AWAYS DAVE K

post-13241-0-50511700-1368684808_thumb.jpost-13241-0-30769400-1368684809_thumb.j

https://youtu.be/wT4DR_ae_4o

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Cheers ROBURT I have the Irma Franklin, found it along with 4 mint copies of records that I listed, do you no the record numbers, as I have all mine as original's and these are all reissues, so when I am looking I don't have to scroll through tons of crap? also was JAGGER & BOWIES DANCING IN THE STREET USED???I hope not, DAVE

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Cheers ROBURT I have the Irma Franklin, found it along with 4 mint copies of records that I listed, do you no the record numbers, as I have all mine as original's and these are all reissues, so when I am looking I don't have to scroll through tons of crap? also was JAGGER & BOWIES DANCING IN THE STREET USED???I hope not, DAVE

I don't remember that being used.

Babylon Zoo - Spaceman, was that one of them, also something called Underwater Love.  Wasn't sure if we were just concentrating on 60's tunes.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!