Things I Need To Have On British

I've had every record on British that I ever wanted, seriously.  Got hardly any now but had four major collections.  I honestly can't think of anything that I didn't have that I now regret not getting.  That Fork In The Road issue I had last month is rarer than most other UK's, including Darrell Banks, Chapter Five, people just didn't realise it.  But there is just nothing like a British red and white demo to get the pulse racing.

Even a Billy Harner instrumental?

Social source share

Had most of the stuff in the 80s when you couldn't give them away. A couple that did elude me though:

Roy Hamilton - The Panic Is On - MGM Demo (Missed one at a London Record Fair when Mick Atherton picked it up, at least I think it was Dave - May have been Dave Withers). .

Wayne Fontana - Give Me Just a Little More Time - Phillips ISSUE

Fathers Angels - Bok to Bach - MGM ISSUE

Regards,

Dave

I've still got all three, all issues. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I have recently purchased a near mint red and white polydor demo of Edwin Starr SOS,that's a tough one.Also got a mint red and white Darell Banks stateside demo of which if I got a good price for it would put towards a London copy Chris.

Social source share

I've bought a few British things over the past few years and it was only when I put them together that I realised that they were almost all the jazzier side of soul records:

Nancy Wilson - Ode to Billy Joe - Capitol demo; Lou Rawls - Season of the Witch - Capitol demo; Peggy Lee - Sneaking Up On You  - Capitol demo; Della Reese  - Very Good Year - HMV demo; Cleo Jons  - Shortest Distance - RCA demo; Ella Fitzgerald - These Boots -  Stateside demo; Anita Harris - Lies - Vocalion demo; Jon Hendrircks - No More  - Verve demo; Mark Murphy  - Why Don't You Do Right - Philips issue, Jimmy Castor - Hey Leroy - Philips issue; Young Holt - Wack Wack - Coral issue.

Maybe some others that are mixed in with the US 45s...

Not sure why I ended up buying mostly jazzy stuff on UK editions but as I seem to be heading down that path I'd welcome similar recommendations :D

Social source share

Had most of the stuff in the 80s when you couldn't give them away. A couple that did elude me though:

Roy Hamilton - The Panic Is On - MGM Demo (Missed one at a London Record Fair when Mick Atherton picked it up, at least I think it was Dave - May have been Dave Withers). .

Wayne Fontana - Give Me Just a Little More Time - Phillips ISSUE

Fathers Angels - Bok to Bach - MGM ISSUE

Regards,

Dave

My mate used to have a Wayne Fontana on Fontana Dave,cant remember what title it was thou,pinched at Wigan,and i know who by and who else was involved,oh well long time ago now

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!