Andrea Henry - Time Fades Away

Mal C

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Yes was unreleased at the time. Don't think anyone has brought it out on 45 since the CD came out, but may be wrong. I have it on a 10" acetate (along with other unreleased detroit goodies, Spyder Turner, Joey Kingfish, Edwin Starr etc ) from Mr Bicknell, which I think was cut from the tapes before the CD came out.

Fantastic record, classy. A lot of the ones on the unreleased Groovesville CD all sound sparse and half finished, but this one is a bit more complete. Its only fault is its a tad longer than it needs to be IMO.

Edited by Windlesoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

So your acetate the same as the CD release? I assume so.. if its different I'd be really interested in hearing it...

Is it one of those Tim Brown had done to promote the CD, or are they from the assorted masters and what was discovered; reason I mention, is I had 'Happiness is here' Toby Lark from Dave Rimmer at the 100 club about that time, not an original Acetate as I later found out, but one that emanated from the Mill,,,,he even said he felt guilty taking the money off me... you live and learn... :facepalm: no matter I swapped it with John Manship soon after..

Yeah its very classy, sits next her released stuff very well, recorded in the same sessions as Grass is greener / need you like a baby etc...?

Mal

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!