Jacqueline Jones

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

ive got a one had it for about 20 years, but it looks like it has a crack but it hasnt? if you know what i meen like it was on one of the plates anymore like this ? or by the way its up for grabs trades really h boogaloo first though

Excuse me folks, just like to repeat, as above that I posted a want for this 45 a couple of days ago :g:"‹ , so would appreciate first dibs if anyone has one before Mr HBoogaloo jumps in and gazumps me, like???!!!!    :wave:   I think you all and hope that soul collector manners prevail..............

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Excuse me folks, just like to repeat, as above that I posted a want for this 45 a couple of days ago :g:"‹ , so would appreciate first dibs if anyone has one before Mr HBoogaloo jumps in and gazumps me, like???!!!!    :wave:   I think you all and hope that soul collector manners prevail..............

Mark, I've been after one for along time to no avail posted on here and FB in the past Good Luck mate :-)

Social source share

ive got a one had it for about 20 years, but it looks like it has a crack but it hasnt? if you know what i meen like it was on one of the plates anymore like this ? or by the way its up for grabs trades really h boogaloo first though

mines the same.....had it for the same time.......ive never tried to sell it because people think its cracked.. :(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Blimey, worth allot, paid $20 usd for mine about ten years ago.. you can get her other Loadstone release cheap, which is maybe seen as not quite as good, but I think she goes for it on the other track more, 'Frown on her Face' is quite plaintive really against the other sides..deffo worth picking up, Personally I had to have both singles...

Mal.c

Edited by Mal.C.
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

mines the same.....had it for the same time.......ive never tried to sell it because people think its cracked.. :(

Checked mine and it is the same. These kind of hairlines are extremely common on styrene 45's. You have to look very, very closely to see them but in reality they dont affect play in any way. I dont consider they are cracks, but rather, they are just an (unfortunate) result of the styrene pressing process. Frankly, I dont even worry nowadays if I buy a styrene 45 and it has one of these lines !

John

I

Social source share

Since the dawn of time, well since the 90's, this has always been £75, never gone up, never gone down. Obviously at long last it must be getting plays somewhere. Didn't Plumby always have this for sale?

Hi Jordi

Well remembered mate  :thumbsup:

A friend of mine in the 90's got me approx 15 copies

All were unplayed and ALL had the infamous 'styrene crack'

I do remember selling them all at £75 even back then BUT did have a few sent back because of the 'crack'

As an aside, it's always a hard one trying to explain the 'crack' in sales patter, there's just no way of saying that it's cracked but it isn't (if you know what i mean?). I tend to try 'stress fracture' but that sounds even worse!

So i'd appreciate it if there are any Shakespearian Writers out there who can put into words how a record can be cracked but not and NOT put anyone off LOL

Cheers

Steve

ps Glad it's finally getting spins - was always going to be a big record BUT some take a lot longer than others (20 years+ in this case!)

Social source share

Hi Jordi

I do remember selling them all at £75 even back then BUT did have a few sent back because of the 'crack'

As an aside, it's always a hard one trying to explain the 'crack' in sales patter, there's just no way of saying that it's cracked but it isn't (if you know what i mean?). I tend to try 'stress fracture' but that sounds even worse!

So i'd appreciate it if there are any Shakespearian Writers out there who can put into words how a record can be cracked but not and NOT put anyone off LOL

Cheers

Steve

ps Glad it's finally getting spins - was always going to be a big record BUT some take a lot longer than others (20 years+ in this case!)

HI Steve 

You could describe it as a pressure crack ? :huh:  :wicked:  :D

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Hi Jordi

Cheers

Steve

Steve

Dye penetrant inspection (DPI), also called liquid penetrant inspection (LPI) or penetrant testing (PT), is an inspection method used to locate surface-breaking defects in all non-porous materials (metals, plastics, or ceramics). The penetrant may be applied to all non-ferrous materials and ferrous materials, although for ferrous components magnetic-particle inspection is often used instead for its subsurface detection capability. LPI is used to detect casting, forging and welding surface defects such as hairline cracks, surface porosity, leaks in new products, and fatigue cracks on in-service components.

In layman's term if you were to spray the area of the record which may or may not be cracked with liquid dye penetrant (luminous green in colour) and then inspect the area under ultraviolet light whilst using a magnification lens you should then be able to determine whether the record is cracked or not.

Dave :thumbsup:

Social source share

This is a feature on loads of styrene records, most notoriously on the MVP's Turnin' My Heartbeat Up.  It's not a crack of any sort.

I agree Pete but how many times have you had to drop the price on 45's with it, or have folks haggling for a discount because of it, or even worse, sending them back because they are cracked LOL

I've a couple of 45's on my site right now that are usually good sellers for me but i can't sell them for half their normal price because they have it...................and before someone says summat sarky, their normal price was a very reasonable price to start with  :D

Cheers

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I agree Pete but how many times have you had to drop the price on 45's with it, or have folks haggling for a discount because of it, or even worse, sending them back because they are cracked LOL

I've a couple of 45's on my site right now that are usually good sellers for me but i can't sell them for half their normal price because they have it...................and before someone says summat sarky, their normal price was a very reasonable price to start with  :D

Cheers

Steve

Never mate, I've had people try it including one who said "if I bang this on it's side, the crack will go through completely", and he did bang it on the table, and it didn't crack, and I got full price for it.  It's like a 'seam' in the record where the plastic has been sealed.  Sort of.

Social source share

Never mate, I've had people try it including one who said "if I bang this on it's side, the crack will go through completely", and he did bang it on the table, and it didn't crack, and I got full price for it.  It's like a 'seam' in the record where the plastic has been sealed.  Sort of.

Now that's even better than 'faint line'

The 'styrene seam'

I love it  :yes:

Nice one Pete  :thumbsup:

Watch out for it in a sales description coming to you soon LOL 

Social source share