Lew Kirton - Heaven In The Afternoon - Alston Demo

I've only just noticed this.

The 7" issue has a running time of 3:37, which is about right

The 12" has a running time of 5:40, which is also about right

The 7" Demo states a running time of 4:00, which if correct makes it 20 seconds longer than the 7" issue.

post-4493-0-56362500-1369404577_thumb.jp

I dont have a demo, so is the timing correct and is it the same mix as the issue, but just a bit longer?

Thanks in advance...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

was this ever released on PAD?

Hi mark the Pad issue was done for the beach music scene as with a lot of their bootlegs they change the name slightly got this in a pile of beach tunes that I bought (16 singles) for one there was also (I trust you by W Paul ) in the pile

Mark

Social source share

50 quid..struggles to sell for any more

While I'm on the subject. Chalky/Dave P.

Manship has changed the format of his Rarest Of The Rare, does he add/subtract on a regular basis or does he give the database a complete updated facelift every now and then?

Edited by MrsWoodsrules
Social source share

Guest Gogs

Manship has changed the format of his Rarest Of The Rare, does he add/subtract on a regular basis or does he give the database a complete updated facelift every now and then?

Just had a quick look at his "rarest of the rare" don't believe i've actually got 1 that's listed, will have to check through the rest tomorrow.

Social source share

i think he adds to it but not sure if  stuff is taken off

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Slight change of subject but does anyone know the Engelbert Humperdinck record, 'You Are There'? Also a SilverBlue production.....

Not exactly the same but maybe a first cousin once removed to 'Heaven In The Afternoon'.....

It's a killer, anyway!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!