News: Clarence Burke Jr RIP

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Polyvelts

A real hero In Chicago. Amongst a list of underrecognized greats / geniuses in the city. RIP.

Hope (I'm sure) youll pay tribute in sitting in the park show Bob, his fans over here in UK will definitely appreciate it.

Social source share

A real hero In Chicago. Amongst a list of underrecognized greats / geniuses in the city. RIP.

One of my musical heroes dating from my first trip to  the Soul City shop in 1968 and buying the Five Stairsteps Windy C LP there. Loved it and was a big fan of

most of the group's stuff from then on.

So sad for the Burke family. 

Social source share

Hope (I'm sure) youll pay tribute in sitting in the park show Bob, his fans over here in UK will definitely appreciate it.

Popular over here in Japan as well...the band enjoyed a bunch of 7" and a couple of LP releases back in the day. 'Stay Close To Me' still sounds good to my ears, as does the huge production mid tempo number, "Under The Spell".

RIP Clarence

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Matt Male

I love the Stairsteps. So many great records of theirs played on the northern scene. Chicago's answer to the Jackson Five, and in many ways better, especially with Curtis Mayfield behind them. RIP Clarence Burke.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert