News: R.i.p. Marvin Junior - The Mighty Mighty Dells

Knowing he was ill, I was dreading waking up to this news one day.

An incredible vocal talent, the like of which is extremely unlikely to be surpassed.

Sympathy to his family and friends, what a sad day for our music.

In hindsight, had I needed to I would have paid a King's ransome to witness them at Trentham.

R.I.P. Marvin Junior

Mark R

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sad news for one of the mainstays of the world's finest vocal group,so priveleged to have witnessed the sheer majesty of that"voice" at Trentham Gardens,RIP Marvin,your music will live on. 

Edited by micksmix
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest denmac

THE VOICE that shook trentham gardens! that night he had to have a stool to sit on, came on stage with the help of sticks.bad hips i think....he began to sing... i needed the stool and sticks as my legs buckled as he hit them notes. sensational voice. dells at trentham, best ever live performance in the uk??  debate! sorry no debate. sing a rainbow= marvins voice.  

Social source share

Guest Paul

You win some, you lose some; I've lost and I've learned

It's just that I'm so lonely with no place to turn
And here at the end, I find...the love we had stays on my mind

I never, never will forget you

Goodbye Marvin Junior

Paul

post-3850-0-90411700-1369914569_thumb.jp

Edited by Paul
Social source share

RIP Marvin Junior, what a voice, so many great tracks Dells tracks to choose from

one of my favorites is Don't Trick Me Treat Me

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Blue, blue my world is blue.............

Rest In Peace Marvin a true Legend

John

Social source share

Guest LittleJazzyDavid

very sad news my sympathies  goes to his family and friends.....,,...(.the dells make sure)........... (run for cover)  love both trackes makes the hairs stand up on my neck..best regards dave

Social source share

The vocal and production on "it's all up to you" awesome and what a performance at Trentham Gardens.,one of the best soul groups of all time.

RIP Marvin your voice will be sadly missed by all.

'Its all up to you' is my favourite track by them, it just has everything. Stunning piece of music. RIP Marvin, you've left some legacy

Social source share

Unfortunately I think Chuck Barksdale is very ill as well, this is indeed a sad time for all but I hope Chuck recovers from his illness 

The Mighty Mighty Dells - wish I could have seen them more than the once at Trentham

Social source share

Guest topseyturvey

wot a great loss one of my all time soul groups lots of dells tunes in the studio so on tues show me and maz will play a few in memory of a great man rip

Social source share

Guest Drewes

My favourite singer of all time... his voice has melted me a thousand times.  What a legacy to leave behind for all who loved him and appreciated his brilliance

Sonia x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!