Strangest Cover Up Names Or Titles

Some Years ago Pete S did a Podcast with one of the weirdest cover names I've ever come across the track was by the "Wooden Leg Formation Dance Team" & it was titled "Feel Like I'm On My Way" it was a Reggae sounding dancer has anyone come across any weirder Cover Up titles or names?

Social source share

Heres a Few more that I do know The Experienced Heartmenders, Jesse Hering & The Tru-Glos, Lord Lucifer, The Moving Parts, Ruby Stackhouse, The Phantom Janitor, James Breezy Poncho & An instrumental by the weird Ones

Edited by Gold Band
Social source share

Some Years ago Pete S did a Podcast with one of the weirdest cover names I've ever come across the track was by the "Wooden Leg Formation Dance Team" & it was titled "Feel Like I'm On My Way" it was a Reggae sounding dancer has anyone come across any weirder Cover Up titles or names?

Richard has a similar thread running. You may want to start there.

Peter

Social source share

Heres a Few more that I do know The Experienced Heartmenders, Jesse Hering & The Tru-Glos, Lord Lucifer, The Moving Parts, Ruby Stackhouse, The Phantom Janitor, James Breezy Poncho & An instrumental by the weird Ones

Ruby Stackhouse is a real name - I think it's actually Ruby Winters

Social source share

Ruby Stackhouse is a real name - I think it's actually Ruby Winters

Nearly right, Ruby ANDREWS was born Ruby Stackhouse.

Richard (the Searling) used lots of 'real names' for C/U artist names (for instance Phanthom Janitor PLUS Esther Williams  -- for the Cheryl Berdell cut).  

Edited by Roburt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I was trying to remember what that was, it was the B side to something which came out on UK Action but I had it on a US label - might have been the B side to Chuck Trois...maybe not

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Steve Karmen "Breakaway" as Johnny Adams Band "Black Ship to Hell"

Godin was reading a book title "Black Ship To Hell" at the time

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

'The Royston Vasey Male Voice Choir' - Shifty Cover Up (True Identity escapes me now).

More recently, 'Rufus Stone & the New Forresters'.....Dave Abbott Cover Up, more likely a bit of fun...

Best Russ

Royston Vasey Male Voice Choir is another great :rofl:  pity you can't remember who and what it was Russ

Kirsty

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!