Otis Redding Previously Unreleased Track

Guest randy

Guest randy

Anyone who watched the Otis Redding documentary "Soul Ambassador" over the weekend will have heard this track played. Recorded at the Fame studios in 1966 unreleased version of the classic tune eventually coming out in the 1990s when the DEMO was found.

Otis Redding — You Left The Water Running — Stone MINT unplayed £10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akDW8ISBl7c

I have only a few copies left of this previously unreleased single which is now hard to find

PAYPAL as gift please

UK Signed For postage £3 - International on request

PM me for any info etc and to reserve - Cheers PAUL

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I posted this previously when the 45 on Stone was discussed......

It is featured in Nick Hornby's book 'Hi Fidelity' - the gist of which is a woman tries to sell her 'cheating' husbands valuable collection for coppers - but the lead character declines, however, he takes a copy this.

It is also listed in Dave Marsh's great book of 1001 Rock and Soul singles 'The Heart Of Rock & Soul' - it comes in at 950. He was the person who innocently got the the record withdrawn when working as 'Rolling Stones' record reviews editor when he mentioned it to his lawyer who also acted for Atlantic and the Redding Estate. Zelma (Otis' widow) had not given permission to release it.

He claims to have bought the remaining stock which he gave away so I'm not sure where this dealer got his but I'm glad to have one (and a remaining 'spare!)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!