Art Freeman............new Press Or What

Guest turntableterra

Guest turntableterra

i see that famerod is selling some more new art freemans, are these the same as the kent  re issues,

Edited by turntableterra
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Yes, Ace / Kent have put out loads of Fame stuff on vinyl & CD since they set up a deal with the Muscle Shoals based concern.

As you would expect with Ace, the known gems PLUS loads of great previously unissued stuff have been escaping.

post-22122-0-89050300-1370351941_thumb.j

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Not a new press, they are originals.

He has a lot of  different mint records from the time of Fame records (Rick Hall). 

Spooner and Spoons on Fame and George Jacksons on Verve etc, Also bits of memorabillia from Fame records.

Social source share

Not a new press, they are originals.

He has a lot of  different mint records from the time of Fame records (Rick Hall). 

Spooner and Spoons on Fame and George Jacksons on Verve etc, Also bits of memorabillia from Fame records.

Indeed. When I visited the Fame Studio about two years ago I was allowed to take a look into the "record storage room" (was not allowed to touch anything or buy the records though...). There were thousands of 45's in there. Unopened distributor boxes etc. All of it original old unsold stock.

Edited by Sebastian
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest turntableterra

thanks, i have one and a couple of the box sets and my art freeman is twice as thick as the new ones i bought and was thinking the same about the james barnett, but i got one anyhow. thanks for the info which i  new already roburt, its great these guys do this as with the stax unit to. its the history and great to see some do care.

Social source share

Guest db121

i see that famerod is selling some more new art freemans, are these the same as the kent  re issues,

Hi, Have you got contact details? wouldn't mind a copy regret selling mine years ago.

Dave

Social source share

Indeed. When I visited the Fame Studio about two years ago I was allowed to take a look into the "record storage room" (was not allowed to touch anything or buy the records though...). There were thousands of 45's in there. Unopened distributor boxes etc. All of it original old unsold stock.

Whilst this is true, it would be unfair to think that there are hundreds of copies of any one title. 

I think we're talking about 50 copies at most and less for a lot of titles.

They are basically the copies that Fame were sent as the record company, production company or publisher of the tracks.

Dean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!