Aretha Franklin

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Sorry if i done many new topics like this. But last one for me so far is Aretha Franklin does anyone know of Northern tracks she made cause honestly i never seem to hear of it. Which to me seems rather strange

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sorry if i done many new topics like this. But last one for me so far is Aretha Franklin does anyone know of Northern tracks she made cause honestly i never seem to hear of it. Which to me seems rather strange

I cant wait to see my baby`s face,best version by a mile king.gif allthough i`ve not heard a bad version :ohmy: ,so many good versions,i wander who had the most success with the title.

Social source share

Apart from "Don't Let Me Lose This Dream" try:

"Cry Like A Baby" Columbia

"I Can't See Myself Leaving You" Atlantic

"When I Think about You" Atlantic

"I Needed You Baby" Atlantic (Almighty Fire LP)

"Integrity" Arista

All top drawer dancers!

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

"save me" on the flip side of "respect" on the UK release is awesome :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

her early stuff on Columbia is great, 'Runnin' out of fools' my great fave, not exactly Northern though.

But ..Baby's Face as you know is superb and also 'One room paradise' is fast and furious but maybe a little early for some..

absolutely right , bought it for the "one room paradise "alone

Social source share

Guest Rowly

her early stuff on Columbia is great, 'Runnin' out of fools' my great fave, not exactly Northern though.

But ..Baby's Face as you know is superb and also 'One room paradise' is fast and furious but maybe a little early for some..

Her'e a couple of her old Columbia sides that Mark Raison used to spin at SHAKE! from time to time... More R&B than 'Northern' tho....

Aretha_Franklin___Can_t_You_Just_See_Me____Columbia_.mp3

Aretha_Franklin___Tighten_Up_Your_Tie__Button_Up_Your_Jacket__Columbia_.mp3

And i just found this little beauty tucked away on my hard drive that I'd forgotten all about... How Could I?!?! thumbsup.gif

Not sure what label it came out on tho.... Anyone?

Aretha_Franklin___Rough_Lover.mp3

Edited by Rowly
Social source share

Not a dancer, but you can just indulge me while I tell you that my favourite Aretha track is Baby, Baby, Baby

Can anyone stick a sound thingy up for me!

Social source share

Daydreaming on Atlantic is awsome, not Northern but two step heaven, massive on the London 2 step scene some years ago, also played darn sarth a little, but this will be a massive tune in the enlightened Modern Rooms one day...................cant hear it without smiling :wicked: .

Russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!