Otis Reading,instrumental

I had a record called "m.a.y.i.b.u.y.a.e.",Otis,honestly laugh.gif on a blue label,looked 6ts,great thumping instrumental,question is as anybody else seen this?,cause when i ask for such a disk i get laughed at :ohmy: ,but i did have this record honestly,its not a wind up yes.gif honest!!,some body must have this,as i sold them it!!,oh and not the letter songer either.maybe a mad boot?,i would just like to know thats all.

Edited by ken
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i remember being told by john powney about a 45 on his list that was an instrumental and was meant to be otis first recording , think it was labeled as the pinetoppers as the artist but it had gone when i wanted it

not sure if this is it but may help

Thanks for reply,no deffo` credited to Otis :thumbsup:

Social source share

Johnny Jenkins and The Pinetoppers. Released 1960 as Otis and The Shooters.

otispine.jpg

The Pinetoppers: Johnny Jenkins in foreground,

Pat T. Cake on drums and Otis Redding with mike.

In 1959, Otis sang at the Grand Duke Club. In 1960 Redding began touring the South with Johnny Jenkins and The Pinetoppers. With this group he made his first recording in 1960 as Otis and The Shooters.

Social source share

otispine.jpg

The Pinetoppers: Johnny Jenkins in foreground,

Pat T. Cake on drums and Otis Redding with mike.

In 1959, Otis sang at the Grand Duke Club. In 1960 Redding began touring the South with Johnny Jenkins and The Pinetoppers. With this group he made his first recording in 1960 as Otis and The Shooters.

Simsy, what a picture!!!!

Social source share

Guest martyn

I had a record called "m.a.y.i.b.u.y.a.e.",Otis,honestly :lol: on a blue label,looked 6ts,great thumping instrumental,question is as anybody else seen this?,cause when i ask for such a disk i get laughed at :thumbsup: ,but i did have this record honestly,its not a wind up :wicked: honest!!,some body must have this,as i sold them it!!,oh and not the letter songer either.maybe a mad boot?,i would just like to know thats all.

Hi Ken,

Yes it definatly does exist.I remember buying 'The Memphis Horns-Can't Turn You Loose at Yate one night & being offered this at the same time ("if you like instrumentals of Otis' classics try this for an extra fiver").........Unfortunatly I declined .Cant honestly remember who the seller was but MAY have been a bloke called Dave (Thorley?) from Southampton or Nigel from Tring :):Dthumbsup.gif ................................................

Or was it you !!!!!!!!

Edited by martyn
Social source share

Hi Ken,

Yes it definatly does exist.I remember buying 'The Memphis Horns-Can't Turn You Loose at Yate one night & being offered this at the same time ("if you like instrumentals of Otis' classics try this for an extra fiver").........Unfortunatly I declined .Cant honestly remember who the seller was but MAY have been a bloke called Dave (Thorley?) from Southampton or Nigel from Tring :wicked::D:) ................................................

Or was it you !!!!!!!!

? thumbsup.gif never been to yate :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!